Joined: 18 Mar 2004
|Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:31 pm Post subject: Forum Rules and Etiquette
|These Forums are the property of iView Multimedia Ltd.
This is a place to discuss the use of MediaPro with other users. Please note that although iView staff do read the forum and may sometimes respond this is primarily intended for discussion between users. Please do not post here if you expect a response from iView - this is not a support forum.
Thank you to everyone who makes the iView Forums such a helpful place.
The forums are not actively moderated, however we do passively moderate (delete messages when rules are broken). We have a very simple, common sense and liberal set of rules which we expect every poster to follow. The forum administrators reserve the right to remove your message and potentially your forum account should you abuse these simple rules. The forums are provided as a free service, don't ruin it for everyone else.
You should read the rules below and understand them before posting
(1) Be civil - anyone being abusive, calling names or generally trying to stir up trouble will not be tolerated. That includes being rude to us or other users of the Forum. We think it is great that people have strong opinions about our application, those opinions have been a major influence shaping our applications. We accept criticism but a strong opinion can still be expressed politely and constructively.
Please avoid the use of entire words spealt with capital letters, inappropriate use of punctuation and multiple punctuation marks where one will do.
(2) Unsubstantiated claims - Will simply not be tolerated.
(3) Commercial Advertising/Spam - Will be removed without warning.
(4) Support Questions - Post questions with the expectation that you will not receive an official iView answer. You may get an answer from iView but you may well not. Questions in this forum should be set to other iView users. If you ask a question through both the official iView support channel and through the forum, please do update the forum with the answer provide by the official channel.
(5) License numbers or Exploits - Will be taken extremely seriously, don't do it.
(6) Do not post iView, or any other, email addresses - This is asking for Spam, please post links instead were the correct form or email address is given in a way that will not attract Spam. The more Spam our departments have to deal with the less time we have for people who need our help.
We would like to thank all the users of the Forum who have contributed to a valuable and interesting resource for all of us in the iView community. I hope it is understandable that we don't want to let a few misguided posts ruin it for everyone. If the forum is abused we will have to start requiring logins and actively moderating, we don't want to do that. Over the years we have only removed a very few posts but if you do see someone abusing the forum please report it to the forum... email adress at ...iview-multimedia.com.