iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full Screen Preview Images....not working !?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Full Screen Preview Images....not working !? Reply with quote

Looking for some feedback,

Recently upgraded to iVMP3...... and upon skimming through the new manual found (pg. 41) that full screen previews could be created for images that were offline......and this this new feature would be very helpful in distributing catalogs.....sounds great, I thought.....but I'm having a heck of a time making this work !

Any input or experiences would be very helpful..... I followed the instructions on page 41....burned a disc.....opened up on 2nd computer...but no previews......very perplexed ?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Scott
Phil
iView staff
iView staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

use version 3.0.1, just released so you probably need to update. Check the settings in 'Thumbnails and Previews' (Edit menu), rebuild items - if this is an existing catalog. Previews are created on rebuild or import. Then make sure the other computer has 3.0.1, you should see previews in media view, lighbox and slideshow.
scott

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your help.... I did the update you suggested....but to no avail.... I probably wasn't to clear in my post, but I am trying to create a distribution catalog for clients ...... but this is not working at all..... I have rebuilt catalogs..burned it to a disk with IVCR and no full screen preview are possible.....IV even crashes sometimes !

Not to mention other new problems regarding media not being found when I transfered everything to a new computer....file structure stayed the same....appears to a file length problem.....

One problem after another.....I am seriously thinking of trying Extensis....IVMP may have just lost a customer.

Thanks again for your help though.....it was appreciated.

scott
drmrbrewer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scott wrote:
I am trying to create a distribution catalog for clients ...... but this is not working at all..... I have rebuilt catalogs..burned it to a disk with IVCR and no full screen preview are possible.....IV even crashes sometimes !

Isn't the IVCR still on version 2? With a catalog created in version 3, with full screen previews that have only been introduced in version 3, I'm not entirely surprised it's not working in IVCR 2.

Or did I get you wrong?

I would imagine a new version of the IVCR will be forthcoming now that IVMP 3.0.1 is sorted.

Mike
scott

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Yeah .....I know you are correct..... I'm just a little perturbed.....the function of full screen preview was advertised as part of the upgrade....technically it is I guess.....but it can't really be used to its fullest until a new CatReader comes out..... the short window to upgrade at reduced price.....finding only partial functionality...not to mention other issues I've been experiencing and reading other posts.....kind of leaves one feeling a little burned...

but you are right.... I will have to wait and hope IVCR 3 works;-)

scott
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: