iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scripts Wanted: Keywords from Text Lines, Sets from Folders

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> AppleScript
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hinrich

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Scripts Wanted: Keywords from Text Lines, Sets from Folders Reply with quote

Hello iView-Community:
I am a switcher and I use the Mac and iView (3.0.1 now) for a few months now. I have 25.000 images on another Windows based system, that I would like to import into iView. These images are stored in folders with "speaking names" and many of those images have keywords attached to it, that are stored in txt files next to the original image file.
For my ideal import, I would need two sripts, that I tried to write my own but was not successful so far.

1. Sets from Folders
I would like to download and import the folder structure into iView and then run a script, that creates sets from the folder names, ideally so that sub-sets are created, where sub-folders exist. So basically, I would like to re-create the Catalog Folders in the Sets.

2. Keywords from Text Lines
Each image may or may not have a txt file associated with it. Same path, same name, just the extension is txt. In the txt file, there are between 1 and 5 keywords, 1 line for each keyword, so that the file has maximally 5 lines.

Is there anybody out there, who would help me writing these scripts? The first one, I really do not know, how to do it, the second one I tried to somehow bring it together from the sample scripts, that come with iView, but I do not get it to work.

Any help or feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hinrich
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> AppleScript All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: