iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Catalog Reader 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Catalog Reader
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roberte

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Catalog Reader 3 Reply with quote

Hi,

With the large preview option the Catalog Reader 3 suddenly becomes attractive to me. Clients can click on the Media tab and not be alarmed by 'file not found' error messages.

Please add some way of clients being able to give feedback in the next catalog reader. Whether it's a print or email option, there has to be some way for Catalog Reader users to search for images and request hi res versions other than copying filenames using pen and paper.
Old Toad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you find the link for the Catalog Reader 3? I can only find the pre V3 version.
roberte

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Old Toad I am only speculating the features Catalog Reader 3 may have.
Old Toad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try the older version on a V3 catalog with no problem.
paulhey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: v3-reader release date? Reply with quote

does anybody know when v3-reader will be released?

regards, paul
Old Toad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: the Reader will read V2 created catalogs even if they have been used and saved with V3. However, clean, new V3 catalogs cannot be read by the Reader.
RobMills

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Catlogue reader 3? where? Reply with quote

I wish Iview would release its products properly. I was seriously embarrased last week when I discovered that IVMP3 catalogue would not show properly in the catalogue reader. I had promised my client to give them a neatly organised catalogue of images with a reader that allowed easy navigation. PLEASE guys get the product release coordinated.

Besides I could ot continue with IVMP2.6 because it could not re-size images. Bug never fixed. Forced to pay for an upgrade to get a useable package. This is really unprofessional.
siriusphoto

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Catalog reader 2.6.4 can't read V3 keywords! Reply with quote

As an event photographer, I use a Powerbook with a Firewire HD to host photos and to create the main catalog. Using the Catalog Reader on 3 client iBooks over my Airport Express network customers can then view photos without fear of altering the anything on the HD. Keywords are an integral part of this scheme that allow the customer to click on a keyword and see the photos they want. It's a simple and (I believe) elegant use for the catalog reader and iView MediaPro. Here the dilemma begins...
Like a lot of long-time iView MediaPro users I bought the upgrade due to the limited time-frame upgrade offer & the promised features looked enticing. What we got was a program that couldn't even rotate JPEGs correctly so I put it on the backburner and hoped the next update would improve. So here we are with 3.0.1 & I'm experimenting with the new features and I discover that the catalog reader still hasn't been updated and won't read any keywords generated in V3. So I now have paid for an upgrade that I can't use & will have to return to V2.6.4. I've tried a lot of different solutions & have always returned to iView MediaPro; it's an application that has worked very well for me. However, I really think the limited upgrade time is what has me feeling burned. I don't mind paying for significant upgrades, but I have paid for an upgrade that I simply can't use. Caveat emptor - if the catalog reader in important to you WAIT TO UPGRADE TO V3 UNTIL THE READER HAS ALSO BEEN UPDATED! Please restore my faith and give us a functional catalog reader iView and soon!
roberte

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: IVCR3 Windows Update Reply with quote

Hi,

The iView Catalog Reader 3 (final candidate 2) has been updated for Windows users to build 4290. The first thing I noticed is the options to switch off Union of Terms in Repeating Fields so ctrl+clicking keywords produces AND results.

The second improvement is IVCR now lets users print. Clients can now make a selection, print out a List view and submit it even as a PDF. Finally some way to provide feedback. Thankyou!

Another option would be XMP export of Sets or IPTC that can be imported into MediaPro to provide instant feedback. Breeze Browser has a HTML template that offers a similar feature.

-- Robert.
studio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Catalog Reader 3 for Mac? Reply with quote

Is there an update out yet for Catalog Viewer 3 which will allow you to view catalogs in Iview 3 for MACS?
Please let me know...
Old Toad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Studio:

There was a beta version available earlier but it's been pulled. Hopefully that means there will be V3 compatible reader out soon.

G4 dual 1Ghz, 1.5G ram, 22" Display, 2-80G HDs; Mac OS X [10.4.4]; LaCie 250GB FW, QT 7.0.4 Pro, Canon S400, i850 & LIDE 50, Epson R200, iVMP 3.0.1
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Catalog Reader All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: