iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyway to prevent the users from copying/drag&drop

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Catalog Reader
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butchram

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Anyway to prevent the users from copying/drag&drop Reply with quote

I'm a systems administrator for my company, the problem I'm having is with iview catalog. Our marketing department uses ivew to put company pictures into the ivew catalog, what they don't want is the users to be able to copy or drag/drop the pictures from the catalog. The Marketing department wants the users to see them for the pictures viewed in the
catalog, so they cannot be altered!

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreicated!
roberte

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The iView Catalog Reader would be ideal for this. The reader for v2 is here, and v3 is in beta here.

From an admin point of view be aware iView doesn't cope well with sharing catalogs. You may need to have a copy of the catalog for each person. When each person in the marketing dept alters their copy you could merge their catalogs.

-- Robert.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Catalog Reader All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: