iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iView Media multiple selections

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpearce

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: iView Media multiple selections Reply with quote

Apologies for repeating the question, but I hadn't made it clear I was talking about "iView Media" and not "iViewMedia Pro".

So, in iView Media, how can I choose two or more categories to display? e.g. I want to see photos that have keywords "South Africa" and "speeches" so I can see speeches in South Africa (rather than speeches AND South Africa which I currently get when I CTRL click)

Many thanks
Corin
Phil
iView staff
iView staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would need to use the Find dialog to do that search in iView Media version 2. You can't do it in iView MediaPro version 2 either. It's something we added in version 3.

Regards, Phil.
cpearce

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I can't work out the Find dialog. For example, how would I find Locations of Colombia using it? There is no "location" choice in the dropdown. Neither is there one for Keywords, People or Dates - not of much use unfortunately...
DJWebb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on Pro so not sure about the standard version but is it just a case of typing in "columbia" (without the quotes) and that will search all fields? I'd assume IVM wouldn't be so anal as to request which field it should search. An option yes but a necessity no.
Old Toad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpearce:

The Find capability in iView Media does not allow for searching on keywords or other annotations. These are the only items you can search on:

It's pretty limited in it's Find capability.

G4 dual 1Ghz, 1.5G ram, 22" Display, 200G HD, 160HD; Mac OS X [10.4.5]; LaCie 250GB FW, QT 7.0.4 Pro, Canon S400, i850 & LIDE 50, Epson R200, iVMP 3.0.2
Phil
iView staff
iView staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the misleading reply earlier. You're right the Find doesn't cover those annotations. At the moment there isn't a real way to cross reference fields in iView Media like there is in iView MediaPro.

I thought of a clunky way of doing it that assumes you haven't got any items labelled before you start. but maybe someone can come up with something better. Show all 'Speeches', select all, apply label 1. Show all 'South Africa' and the ones with label 1 are your intersections.

Sorry I can't think of anything easier.
Phil
iView staff
iView staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW I've noticed that iView Media discussions often get confused as people (myself included) answer as if the question was about MediaPro. So I thought a forum specifically for iView Media would help. In some forums a moved post would imply some wrong doing by the poster, obviously not the case here.

I hope this helps. Phil.
Old Toad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
BTW I've noticed that iView Media discussions often get confused as people (myself included) answer as if the question was about MediaPro. So I thought a forum specifically for iView Media would help. In some forums a moved post would imply some wrong doing by the poster, obviously not the case here.

I hope this helps. Phil.

Great idea, Phil. I've fallen into that trap more than once.

G4 dual 1Ghz, 1.5G ram, 22" Display, 200G HD, 160HD; Mac OS X [10.4.5]; LaCie 250GB FW, QT 7.0.4 Pro, Canon S400, i850 & LIDE 50, Epson R200, iVMP 3.0.2
mintcake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, nice idea, but Phil just to point out that your subheading for this forum on the index page still says "General discussion about iView MediaPro"... Obviously you need to differentiate it from the IVMP forum.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a posting somewhere that explains the differences between iview media and mediapro3?
Old Toad

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the iView Forum. This page describes the differences in features between the two.

G5 Dual-core 2GHz, 2G RAM, 250G HD, 22" Display, Mac OS X [10.4.6], 200/160GB FW, QT 7.0.4 Pro, Canon S400, i850 & LIDE 50, Epson R200, iVMP 3.0.2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Media All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: