iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

multiple problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mga361

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: multiple problems Reply with quote

Background: We are a small architectural firm with many images to manage. The firm implemented iView Media and for the first couple of months it was running smoothly. However, 6 months ago the program started to act up and we thought it was due to the limited space on the server. Now that we have a new server with ample amount of space, we figured the program would run smoothly again. Not the case.

The following are the problems we are facing:
When updating a folder there are 17 images listed in the folder. The actual folder on the sever has only 12 images. Once the update is complete 5 "ghost" images appear with the same name from an image that is already in the folder.

We checked other folders within the program and there are 4 of the same files but filed as different names. It doesn't even come close to what is in our server folders.

We thought the problems might be due to an incorrect folder path but we updated those as well and we still face the same problems.

The program is also very slow and crashes often. Each action seems to take a large amount of time which doesn't help our workflow.

Is there something that we are doing wrong? Or are our catalogues corrupt?

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: People to see Reply with quote

Cant deal with this right now... People to see, places to go, you know how it is. But I will be back!

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: To many bugs in Version 3.0.2.429A Reply with quote

- iView crashes when catalog becomes about 430MB in size
- iView does not turn images teh right way, when you decide to switch the creation of the preview pict of (and turn it on later to speed up the import/creation of a database)
- after crash, the hole database is corrupt, no way to reuse ist. hours of work may be lost!

I'm a user since version 2. I switched to iView because of its great and easy interface, but after all I must say, this software ist not usabale in a pro environment.
I'm very upset about the money and time I wasted.

I there is anybody who wants a german license...I will sell mine as I switched back to cumulus.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Media All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: