iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Original images with Reader? Send test reader file please.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Catalog Reader
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdbruski

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Original images with Reader? Send test reader file please. Reply with quote

Looking into buying IView Pro. I really like the idea of allowing my customers to see many images on the screen at once when proofing images for purchase. I am currently just using slideshow software. The problem comes in when customers want to take 2 images and set them side by side. They can't do it. They end up moving forward and back quickly through the slideshow to compare the images. Its quite hard.

Anyway, do I understand correctly that I can present my customers a reader file and the reader and they can view a slideshow with the ability to switch to thumbnail view, pick a few images then compare just those on the screen at the same time?

Also, are the images embedded into the reader file somehow? I can't imagine the jpeg's are on the disc in any way. Could someone please give me some details? I think the Iview website information on this topic is VERY limited.

If someone would want to e-mail me a reader file to try out, I'd appreciate it.

rdbruce@chartermi.net

Thanks!
rdbruski

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may have found the answer. The reader is in Quicktime format? That makes sense.

Just to make sure though, NO image files are actually accessable in the file other than through the reader?

Also, if someone can send me a test file, I'd appreciate it.
johnbeardy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdbruski wrote:
I think I may have found the answer. The reader is in Quicktime format? That makes sense.

Maybe only if they have Quicktime installed.

rdbruski wrote:
Just to make sure though, NO image files are actually accessable in the file other than through the reader?

That's correct.

What you can do is this. Start from your main working catalogue and create a fresh new one. Drag the items across into it (so now they'll be in both). If you want, set the new catalogue so it has previews (in Thumbnails and Previews) up to whatever size you consider safe. Alternatively, if you don't want previews, switch off the setting. Select all items and rebuild them. There's other tidying up you can do, but now you're ready to go.

John
Doug
iView staff
iView staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can include [very] large thumbnails in the catalog so that you do not need to include the original media files.

You could also include the original media files as well, if you wish.

The choice is yours. It is up to you to decide if the large thumbnail is good enough for your client to make a valid comparison between two or more images.

If you are worried about protecting your income when distrbuting catalogs and media files with Catalog Reader, then pose that as a specific question as I am sure many people will present valid and differing arguments and solutions on that subject.

Media Pro has a 21 day trial so you can experiment by making catalogs and viewing them with Reader at your leisure.

Douglas
~~
Senior Software Engineer - Macintosh Platform, iView Multimedia Limited.
unbound

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Extracting single images from database. Reply with quote

Just a question to clarify the design of the database.
It seems that the database is a single file, and not a folder of any kind containing individual images that are readilly accessible.
Question: If I create a catalog containing large previews, but not the original files, is there any way aside from a screen capture to save the image that is being displayed? In other words, if I do not give a client the originals, is there any way for them to export the images aside from a screen capture, either with the reader or the full program?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Catalog Reader All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: