iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iView Media - AND selecting

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpearce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: iView Media - AND selecting Reply with quote

Hi
How can I (in iView Media) choose two or more categories to display? e.g. I want to see photos that have keywords "South Africa" and "speeches" so I can see speeches in South Africa (rather than speeches AND South Africa which I currently get when I CTRL click)
Thanks
Corin
johnbeardy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Find.
Old Toad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: iView Media - AND selecting Reply with quote

Try Command-click (Apple-click on a Mac). That will display only those images that are in both keyword groupings.

G4 dual 1Ghz, 1.5G ram, 22" Display, 80G HD, 160HD; Mac OS X [10.4.5]; LaCie 250GB FW, QT 7.0.4 Pro, Canon S400, i850 & LIDE 50, Epson R200, iVMP 3.0.1
DJWebb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may also wish to look at the "union of..." fields in the popout menu in the top of the organise bar.

I'm away from ivmp3 at the moment but these selectors will control whether ivmp produces an AND selection or an OR selection.
drmrbrewer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the number of times this question comes up, it makes you wonder whether iView is making it as obvious as it should be in the application itself. This is one of the most basic choices that you need in a quick "green-dot" search, and I think there should be a visible indication or button at the top of the Organise panel to toggle between the two options. For me, the "Union of..." wording in the hidden pop-out just isn't intuitive enough.

Mike
johnbeardy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drmrbrewer wrote:
For me, the "Union of..." wording in the hidden pop-out just isn't intuitive enough.

And as roberte put it, it sounds like some posh British blood sports enthusiasts.

It could just be as simple as "and".

John
cpearce

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using iView Media, not MediaPro - I can't find any pop-out menu and the Find function doesn't let you add catergories it seems...
Old Toad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies. Read right over the iView Media and mentally added the "Pro". My comments were predicated on the Pro version.
Tester

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, this can't be done? You can't be serious. There has to be a way, or it's not worth even continuing to try out.
Old Toad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it can't be done. The Find mode won't let you search on any user editable annotation except label. And Command-clicking on two annotations only brings up all images in both annotations, not only those that are in both. In iView MediaPro it can be done very easily but the annotations have to be different, i.e. not two keywords or two catalog sets.[/code]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Media All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: