iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IVMP renames a folder inside my catalog on its own!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: IVMP renames a folder inside my catalog on its own! Reply with quote

IVMP is renaming my folders!! Help:
I posted this in the DAM Forum but have not received any answers. Could anyone help? I am a Mac 10.4.7 user and an IVMP 3.1 user.

New user--trouble with iVMP wanting to rename my folders
on: July 03, 2006, 06:34:26 PM
Hello anyone out there: I have a problem. I will try to describe it.
I have created a catalog in my Internal HardDrive and dropped into it a folder of photos called: Luray Mountains Fall 01-rubi teddy. The folder inside the catalog is called exactly that. No problem
Then I copied the application iVMP to my External Hard Drive by dragging the application folder to my External Hard Drive.
Next I copied the same photo folder to the External Hard Drive. Within the External Hard Drive I opened the application iVMP >File>New to create a catalog in the External Hard Drive.
Next, from within the External Hard Drive, I dragged my copied photo folder( called the same as above, Luray Mountains Fall 01-rubi teddy ) to the new catalog created in the External Hard Drive.
The result was a folder in the new catalog called an entirely new name: Luray Mountains Fall 01-rubi#B2.
What am i doing wrong? By the way, my External Hard Drive is configured as a Mirror system consisting of two hard drives.
Thank you very much and pardon my ignorance. Amada
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Media All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: