iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

With newest release (42B6) - your scripts may no longer work

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> VB Script
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: With newest release (42B6) - your scripts may no longer work Reply with quote

ATTENTION:

It appears to me that the newest version of iVMP (42B6) causes some scripts to no longer work.

I just replaced it with the older version of iVMP (42B2) and the same code works just fine.
(I only replaced the EXE-File, nothing else.)

So keep your EXE-File (42B2). In case your scripts may not run as expected, save a copy of the new EXE-File and use the version.

The code used that this applies to is listed below.

Good luck.

Code:
Option Explicit
Const kMsgBoxTitle = "iView MediaPro"
Dim app, mediaItems, mediaItem, strText
' display an about box
If (MsgBox("This command writes the Filename into the CustomField NAT.", 65, kMsgBoxTitle) = vbOK) Then
   Main()
End If
Sub Main()
   Set app = CreateObject("iView.Application")
   ' get the active catalog
   If (app.Catalogs.Count = 0) Then
      MsgBox "Please launch iView MediaPro.", vbCritical, kMsgBoxTitle
   ElseIf (app.ActiveCatalog.Selection.Count = 0) Then
      MsgBox "You need to select at least one media item in the active catalog in order to use this script.", vbCritical, kMsgBoxTitle
   Else
      For Each mediaItem In app.ActiveCatalog.Selection
         strText = ""
         If (mediaItem.Name <> "") Then strText = mediaItem.Name  End If
         If (strText <> "") Then
         ' mediaItem.annotations.source = strText   ->ok for existing fields
         ' the following line causes trouble in iVMP (42B6)
         MediaItem.CustomFields.Item("NAT").value = strText
         End If
      Next
   End If
End Sub

iVMP v3.1.3 / PS CS2 / Windows XP Prof. / plenty of CPU power, RAM and Diskspace
snah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear John, (same was sent to John Bean as well )

you are really very helpful, many, many THANKS.
I will check your suggestions after sunset - we are enjoying a superb hot summer time here in Zurich - and will let you know (I am certain it works).

Meanwhile take care and enjoy,
Hans.

PS: By the way I have not reported this iView Version 42B2 thing to iView.
It's probably better if someone 'well known' like you instead of a 'nobody' like me does that.

iVMP v3.1.3 / PS CS2 / Windows XP Prof. / plenty of CPU power, RAM and Diskspace
johnbeardy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I just deleted my post here as there was an error. I'll repost it later but it's sunny in London too.

Essentially what has happened is that they implemented a feature request of mine, letting you refer to custom fields by number, but seem to have broken the ability to refer to them by name. I'm in touch with iView TS about this issue as it affects a number of the scripts for my own workflow.

iView TS take everyone's bug reports seriously. It's just a matter of wording them specifically enough that they can reproduce the error.

John
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> VB Script All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: