iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"duplicates" problem!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mstanat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: "duplicates" problem!! Reply with quote

I note that this was mentioned in a previous post, but never really answered:

I have three (3) files in a folder. iView says there are six(6) and shows a file listing, thumbnail, AND media image for each file twice. The names/path are exactly identical in the iView displays.

If I delete "one" of the duplicated items from iView it moves my one and only original to the trash. How do I get it to stop showing erroneous multiples of files??

Thanks for any help!
colin dunn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Duplicates Reply with quote

I too am suffering from this. Anyone got a clue how to stop it? It's driving me round the bend as I keep deleting the duplicates in thumbnail view and finding that the original ends up in the trash. Sooner or later this will result in actually losing the original files permanently.

The only solution I've found so far is to create a new catalogue file, drag and drop the folder containing the images, then overwrite the older catalogue when I save it. But this is a kludgy, and hassling workround.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Media All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: