iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Selecting 90CW vs. 90CCW

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> AppleScript
View previous topic :: View next topic  
25Chat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Selecting 90CW vs. 90CCW Reply with quote

I know there's a script to select all portrait but I'd like to be able to select all images facing one way and then all facing the other so that I can JPEG rotate them. (This wall-mounted picture frame I have doesn't read the orientation tags so all the portrait pix are sideways.)

Is there anyway to access the details of the orientation info rather than just portrait or landscape and then manually selecting the CW/CCW?

Thanks for any help!

-Bruce
aspenboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: not a script but I think I found a solution Reply with quote

If you do a find command, and search for orientation that is greater than 20000, you'll be able to select all that are in the 90 deg CW orientation. Searching for orientation that is greater than 1 will find all the rotated pics, including CW and CCW so if you JPEG rotate all the CW ones first, then the second search will only find CCW.
Evan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: search for orientation Reply with quote

aspenboy, this is genius. thanks for this tip ... it works like a charm. We'd previously used the rotation script on iView's scripts page but besides being slow, that script doesn't work in xMedia. Thanks for this great alternative.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> AppleScript All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: