iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Controlled Vocabulary

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> JavaScript
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ralph Ashcraft

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Controlled Vocabulary Reply with quote

It is interesting reading some of the articles in this forum. Most of you guys are really ahead of me in reference to this new thing called computers, guess I might be getting a 'bit long in the tooth'.

Anyway, I have over 100,000 digital pictures to annotate and have tried using the info field of iView to do this. However, I found that I was straying a bit to far from the aim of having a 'controlled Vocabulary'. I have just tried 'Image Info Toolkit II' but found it a bit to cumbersome and possibly not the best solution. I am about ready to start afresh using media pro as the input but was wondering if anyone else out there might have other ideas. I have read that iView is aware that most readers would like to see some sort of hierarchy keywording structure available in the program.

Also....................................

This is not to slight iView in the least, but I have reported a bug to them many months ago that when trying to delete more than one file folder at one time within iView it only deletes the bottom folder. I am sure they will get around to fixing the problem, if they haven't done it already, just thought I would report the bug on the forum.

Looking for some advise, thanks.

Ralph[/b]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> JavaScript All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: