iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modifying "IPTC Date from Capture Date" to include

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> VB Script
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caygill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Modifying "IPTC Date from Capture Date" to include Reply with quote

Can the shipped as default script "IPTC Date from Capture Date" be easily modified to include time?

In fact my whole need is to delete all EXIF except orientation and date/time. Then copy EXIF Description from IPTC Keywords. I'm now using several apps in several steps to get this done (Iview, Exifer, Metastripper and Exifer again..)

(Scenario: I want to upload my material to the web for the Gallery application that uses the EXIF description as the caption, date/time as date/time and orientation to decide orientation. But I dont want to give the world the information on my gear and especially not time/apperature/iso, etc).

Original script
Code:
Option Explicit

Const kMsgBoxTitle = "iView MediaPro"
Dim app, mediaItems, mediaItem, strText

' display an about box
If (MsgBox("This script will copy EXIF Capture date to IPTC Date, for all selected items.", 65, kMsgBoxTitle) = vbOk) Then
   Main()
End If

Sub Main()
   Set app = CreateObject("iView.Application")

' get the active catalog
   If (app.Catalogs.count = 0) Then
      MsgBox "Please launch iView MediaPro.", vbCritical, kMsgBoxTitle
   Elseif (app.ActiveCatalog.Selection.Count = 0) Then
      MsgBox "You need to select at least one media item in the active catalog in order to use this script.", vbCritical, kMsgBoxTitle
   Else
      For Each mediaItem In app.ActiveCatalog.Selection

If (Left(mediaItem.DeviceInfo.CaptureDate, 8) <> "12:00:00") Then
            mediaItem.Annotations.DateCreated = mediaItem.DeviceInfo.CaptureDate
         End If

Next

End If

End Sub
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> VB Script All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: