iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Migration to iView

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> AppleScript
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vostrushka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Migration to iView Reply with quote

I am busy migrating data from iMatch image database into iViewMedia Pro 3.
Entire structure of directories is the same, all metadata are in images themselves. What I have to migrate is iMatch Categories to Catalog Sets in iView: 1:1 migration.
I have the list of iMatch categories exported into a file. I also have list of all images and assigned categories. Now I need to read these files and first create hierarchy of Catalog Sets and then assign images to them.
Where I can find applescripts to perform such tasks? May be not one to one, but I need an idea of how to write a script. I am new in applescripting, but have an experience in UNIX shell and perl.
blueman541

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you found the solution?
I am too trying to migrate from iMatch to iView.
johnbeardy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In AppleScript?
vostrushka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the AppleScript. This is the best answer I've got so far in these forums. Honest and short.
I did not find solution. I gave up and recreated the structure of Categories manually. In parallel I am learning AppleScript.
This application has potentials, but if I would not migrate my workflow to MAC I would not think about it. iMatch is much flexible and scripting was much easier, because community was much more responsive.
These forums are full of questions but there are no that many answers. Look at the statistics of how many people read and how many post.
roberte

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

iMatch is much flexible and scripting was much easier, because community was much more responsive.
These forums are full of questions but there are no that many answers.

Um... Sorry? I'll try to do better.
Peter_A

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vostrushka wrote:
iMatch is much flexible and scripting was much easier, because community was much more responsive.
These forums are full of questions but there are no that many answers. Look at the statistics of how many people read and how many post.

I can understand your frustration, but When I first viewed your topic I did not recognize the program "iMatch". I've since found out that it is a windows based program which I have no experience with. Your best bet would be if iMatch can export to a .csv (comma seperated Values) file then search the forums for a .csv import script that you can modify.

Pete
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> AppleScript All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: