iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Previews of NEF (D100 and D200) files.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> File formats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bernard fransen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Previews of NEF (D100 and D200) files. Reply with quote

I have a problem to get the right preview with D100 and D200 NEF files.
I use Iview Media Pro version 3.1.2 (Build 42D4) on a Window XP PC.
In some detail how I worked.
Thumbnails and preview is set as follows:
Media Preview : create full screen previes ON
size: large (1280 pixels)
quality: High
display previews at all times ON
Media Rendering: RAW: use embedde preview UNABLED
Then: Select all
Action-> rebuilt item.
The size of the media preview of the D100 and D200 NEF files is 570x375pixels.
For TIF and JPG files the previews are as selected 1280x851 pixels.
How to solve this problem? Can somebody help?
CurtG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Same here - limited work around Reply with quote

I'm experiencing the same thing with my D70 / D200 shots. It's unfortunate as raw rendering is just too slow to be workable for light table and slideshow work.

Take a look at the last part of this post
http://forum.iview-multimedia.com/viewtopic.php?t=4390. I tried the dll swap using a test machine which had capture 4.2.2 loaded but didn't have much luck.

My current work around is to import using 640 thumbs which seems to allow creation of a larger (1024) static previews. But I'm not thrilled about the need to generate thumbs that big.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> File formats All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: