iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minolta Raw (mrw)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> File formats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike692

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Minolta Raw (mrw) Reply with quote

I'm a little disappointed by the view of the Minolta raw (640x480 preview).
Why ?
Could we see the full format for the future ?
roberte

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Have you tried unchecking the option in preferences to use embedded preview? Not having a Minolta I am not sure if it will work, but it will stop iView simply using the preview.

Otherwise a long-winded approach is to convert to DNG 3.1 which can embed a 100% preview. iView will have to update MediaPro to deal with the new previews, - many other apps already have. AFAIK the 100% preview option is only available when saving as a DNG from Photoshop CS2 and not the free Adobe DNG converter.

-- Robert.
mike692

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disabled "embedded prview", but no change.

I see with a picture of Minolta A2 (3272x2456):
*640x480 @ 100% | 11,6mb | Minolta RAW (preview)

I understand, but I'm disappointed because certain software (Xnview by example) have no problem with these files, perhaps with plugins...

I'm a regisrered user and I hope iView can read these files also (as Canon RAW: I have and with it no problem, sure).
I know it's difficult with all these different files...but, if we havn't :( ?

By the way, thanks for your kind answer :idea: .
mike692

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understood, iView use the embedded preview (if enabled) to read the image.
In this case (Minolta A2), the embedded preview is 640x480.
It's OK ?
roberte

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iView uses embedded previews for fast display of RAW files. If the camera manufacturer only embeds tiny JPEG previews then that's all you get. The lastest Nikon and Canon DSLRs have 100% previews, as does DNG3.1 when saved from Photoshop CS2.

AFAIK iView choose to use camera manufacturers SDKs to support raw file formats. Nikon, Canon, and Kodak all have SDKs, but some like Minolta do not offer any SDK. So I'd whinge to Konica Minolta to put out an SDK.

Other software vendors may use their own filters or DCRaw. Perhaps iView could implement similar filters but that takes resources away from (what I consider!) more important asset management issues.
yiorgos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: minolta raw Reply with quote

I am experiencing the same problem with minolta raw and can deffineltely say that I am not spenting any money for a software that in order to make it work you have to convert to .dng .

I mean it is goog to archive in it but not a prerequisite for the software to operate properly.

It is a pity because jpegs work really ok.

I hope that this is going to be fixed soon. I can't see problems like that even in Adobe's Beta version of Lightroom!
Doug
iView staff
iView staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Minolta RAW Reply with quote

If you are on a Mac and are using Apple's importer for Minolta RAW, it will only import MAXXUM files, and the not DYNAX variation at the full size.

I have worked around the issue for DYNAX 7D, but need a DYNAX 5D sample to workaround that file format.

If you have a DYNAX 5D then I would like someone to contact us about getting a sample 5D file to us.

I do not think A2 issue can be addressed the same way at this time.

Thanks

Douglas
~~
Senior Software Engineer - Macintosh Platform, iView Multimedia Limited.
braeside

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Minolta RAW Reply with quote

Do you still need a sample Dynax 5D MRW file? - If so I would be happy to send one.

I'm only interested in IVMP if it supports my Dynax 5D.

Thanks,

-- David

Doug wrote:
If you are on a Mac and are using Apple's importer for Minolta RAW, it will only import MAXXUM files, and the not DYNAX variation at the full size.

I have worked around the issue for DYNAX 7D, but need a DYNAX 5D sample to workaround that file format.

If you have a DYNAX 5D then I would like someone to contact us about getting a sample 5D file to us.

I do not think A2 issue can be addressed the same way at this time.

Thanks

Douglas
~~
Doug
iView staff
iView staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you still need a sample Dynax 5D MRW file? - If so I would be happy to send one.

I think Apple have extended support to the Dynax range in the most recent version of MacOS X (10.4.6) and Quicktime (7.1.1).

If you are not able to get a full size rendering in IVMP then I would be grateful if you can send a sample file to douglas(at)iview-multimedia(dot)com

Douglas
~~
braeside

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right Doug - I only get a small version of my Dynax 5D RAW files in IVMP.

I have already had to 'hack' my Mac OS system to be able to use iPhoto and preview app to read the Dynax 5D.

I will email you a file. - Many thanks.

Doug wrote:
Quote:

I think Apple have extended support to the Dynax range in the most recent version of MacOS X (10.4.6) and Quicktime (7.1.1).

If you are not able to get a full size rendering in IVMP then I would be grateful if you can send a sample file to douglas(at)iview-multimedia(dot)com

Douglas
~~
braeside

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add I am using the latest 10.4.6 and QT 7.1.1.
D200Peter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Dimage A1 Raw files Reply with quote

I cannot get any preview at all from my Dimage A1 raw files. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Sweedie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the same problem with iView. It does not read but the thumbnails in the MinoltaRaw file.

Picasa does, so I use that for cataloging. It is free, fast and very nice ti look at. The "timeline" is so good for quick scanning... :D
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> File formats All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: