iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PicProcessor v2.0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> AppleScript
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter_A

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: PicProcessor v2.0 Reply with quote

PicProcessor v2.0

I've finished updating my PicProcessor script. most of the changes are code cleanup and some new stuff for folks who don't know how to script or just don't want to mess with scripting.

Changes and improvements.

1.Streamlined the code by incorporating some of Daniels subroutines and adding a few of my own. Improved the file handling. Fixed some issues I ran into with the release of iView 2.6.1

2. I set up a first run routine to input your Standard annotations (name, title, address), so the annotations are saved to a prefs file in the Users Library/Application Support/iView folder.
If you need to change these at some time, just delete the prefs file and run the script again.

3. added the option of choosing the delimiter for the file name. for example, I had the original script set up to save the folder name and catalog as "yyyymmdd". I figured there are probably some users would like to have the option of other formats like "yyyy_mm_dd" or "yyyy-mm-dd, so in the first run routine there is a dialog that will ask you for the delimiter. just type in _ or - and it is saved to the prefs file. Inputing nothing will use the default of no delimiter.

4. the script is now saved as an application so folks can just drop it in their applications folder and choose it as the default app in Image Capture.

5. I added a new feature for the script to prompt the user for an Event and Location and these are added to the annotations for the files.
If you do more than one set of card downloads in a days shoot you have the option of using the current one just by hitting the "Use Current" button in the dialog. The script will then use the Event and Location saved in the last image of the catalog. this way you don't have to type it in each time for the days shoot.

6. The script now checks to see if a catalog is open and if it's an empty one it will use it. If it is a catalog other than the one for the Day it will create a new one. This way it does not matter how a user has iView set up when it opens the script will check the open catalog status.

You can download the file from my site here:

http://www.paaphotography.biz/downloads.html

You need to control click (right click) on the file name on my site a select "Save Linked File as" to download.
Enjoy :D

Last edited by Peter_A on Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
AntoineD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ! Very nice piece of work which I've just discovered. Thanks for you work! It will help getting to upload a little faster.
Peter_A

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it helps you out. It's a real time saver.

Pete
AntoineD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, It definitely helps drinking my coffee much safer :D
Peter_A

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: site update Reply with quote

I've updated my site so the download location has changed.
http://www.paaphotography.biz/downloads.html
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> AppleScript All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: