iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Direct way to get mediaset?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> VB Script
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkperez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Direct way to get mediaset? Reply with quote

I'm fiddling with a script to create catalog sets... Currently I have to walk through all the mediasets looking for the one I want:

for c = 1 to iviewsets.count step 1
d = c.index

which is fine if there are 50 catalog sets, but gets really slow, and slower as the number of catalog sets increases...

SO, is there a direct way to get the index (and preferrably the name and level) of a mediaset immediately after its made or added? Something like:

iviewsets.make(keyword)
myindex = iviewsets.current.level

or something?????
johnbeardy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, sadly that's the object model. The best thing to do is run through and whack the mediasets data into a multidimensional array including the image id, and then use this for all subsequent lookups.

John
dkperez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmph! OK, another question that I hope is related... In the downloadable script to make keywords from folders there's the code

keword = oFo.getParentfolderName(path)

I know how they get the oFo from CreateObject but where is
getParentFolderName coming from? And where do I find the list of all these procedures or methods or whatever?

Here's the process I'm currently using to make catalog sets. Perhaps I'm doing something dumb or just more work than is necessary:

for each image I've selected
get the path
for each folder in the path
if I'm at the top of the catalog
mediasets.make(keyword) (this appears to work ok)
set the parent to the keyword just created
else
here's where things deteriorate... I need to do an add, and the mediasets.item(index).add wants the index (of the parent as I understand it). which is making me walk through the whole set of mediasets looking to see if the name matches the parent I previously made, so I can get the index... I presume I'm doing something the hard way, but I'm not seeing a way to grab what I need directly.
johnbeardy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll be coming from the Shell object - see here
dkperez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief! This is apparently much more byzantine and convoluted than I'd thought... And much more difficult and less flexible considering that I can't directly get the index for the mediaset that I just made or added.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> VB Script All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: