iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Copy catalog sets

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> VB Script
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkabat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Copy catalog sets Reply with quote

Is anyone aware of a script that will copy the catalog sets from files with same name, example from xxxx.nef to xxxx.dng. I have used the "Copy from Items with Same Name " script but this does not copy the catalog sets.

Thanks for helping
Dan
johnbeardy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan

Catalog Sets have a scripting bug on Windows, so that's why they're excluded from that script.

It would be possible to select the nef files in your main catalogue, paste them in a new one, then run a script on the new items that points them to the dng versions - assuming the folder paths are similar.

Another approach is to extract metadata to the folders before you start creating the dng files. Any catalog set data would get rolled inside the dng.

John
dkabat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John - always appreciate your comments both here and the Dam forum. I was just going to convert to the DNG workflow because iView evidently has another bug importing annotations for NEF files which I can bypass by using DNGs. I guiess I will just wait until the problem with scripting on the catalog sets is fixed and then convert to a DNG workflow.

Dan
drmrbrewer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkabat wrote:
I guiess I will just wait until the problem with scripting on the catalog sets is fixed...

Hehe. How long do you have?

Mike
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> VB Script All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: