iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rating photos

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Catalog Reader
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwags

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Rating photos Reply with quote

Aloha all,

I want to share a catalog of photos with a client using iView Catalog Reader; however I am dismayed that my Reader will not do the following once my client has is viewing the catalog.

1) iView Catalog Reader will not display my Catalog Folder file structure. (I can create Catalog Sets from the Catalog Folders, but this is very time consuming)
2) My client does not have the capability to rate or tag the photos using the Labels function.

These two features would be a very sensible addition to iView Catalog Reader and I am surprised that they are not a part of Reader.

Does any one else feel the same way I do? Maybe iView could be so kind as to build these features in to the next release of Reader.

Thanks...

Mike Waggoner
skipper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mike,

funny, I just received a call from a client, who apparently was not able to save his labels in iView Reader. He just had spent 2 hours to go through 650 photos and made his selection via the labels.

I had no clue that this is not possible. What is the reader good for anyway, if you can't even label photos? Might as well stick to the html-galeries.

I agree that applying labels is the minimum that a reader should be capable of.

Cheers
Skipper
darrelstickler

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Labeling and rating in Catalog Reader Reply with quote

Well, I just tried to use the reader for the first time... Made a catalog, put it up on a server for others in the company to look at and discovered everyone can't rate/label the photos (and save them).

And now I see posts from 18 months ago complaining about the same thing.

I can see why this ability might be an option (turn on/off), but how is a group supposed to say which ones they like? Send Notepad files back to the photographer and let him spend tons of time arbitrating? Not very good groupware... and must be an incredibly simple thing to allow, since rating/labeling is allowed... just not the saving.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Catalog Reader All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: