iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

import/embed metadata

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> AppleScript
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryan83

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: import/embed metadata Reply with quote

I recently just created an excel spreadsheet containing all the metadata for my images. I have the columns titled filename, keywords, headline, caption, credit line, and a few more. I have input metadata into these fields for over 1300 images and now I'm trying to import/embed this metadata into the iptc info of my images. I created a text file from the excel spreadsheet, but I can't figure out how to map the content to the images.

Does anyone have any solutions? I thought there may be a way to do it in photoshop or bridge since I couldn't figure it out in iView, but I had no luck.

Thanks in advance : )
asterixnyc

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Same issue. Resolution? Reply with quote

Just wondering if you were able to resolve this? I'm faced with the same problem--bringing existing text or spreadsheet formatted metadata into the IPTCs of my image library.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> AppleScript All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: