iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

offline archiving

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Catalog Reader
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themandarin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: offline archiving Reply with quote

Hi - Just bought this product and the first thing I wanted to do is offload/archive my 2003/2004/2005 pictures to DVD. Now I thought that the backup option woud allow me to archive the files and keep a reference in the catalog..The idea being that i could view a thumbnail of a picture taken in 2003 and the software would tell me to load DVD 001 (for example..) to retrieve the orginal..

So so far I have copied 2003 photos on DVD but kept the original files on my hard disk but i want to delete them...

I read the manual and it does not mention anything on this matter..

any help welcome...
koko_lopez

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: any thoughts on this one? External offline HDD archive Reply with quote

Hello, I am a newspaper photographer, and I also purchased Iview with the idea that I could have offline disks catalogued, and then, when digging through the thumbnails and finding a picture I needed, would be instructed by the program to insert the appropriate hdd.
This is apparently not the case (as it is in portfolio).
So, my question is this. If I have a series of external HDDs which are all marked as T:\ (on xp) and each have different volume label names, such as the date of their introduction to use, ie "arch053007"
When I catalog the images and later remove the hard drive, is Iview media going to be able to relate to me the volume label name? Or is it just going to list the images as all residing in T:\ with no further info other than a little red question mark.
I downloaded Microsoft Expression today btw. it seems exactly the same.
Thanks for your thoughts / advice on the best way to approach this situation.
Old Toad

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This screenshot is of a catalog of 4 CDs of photos that are not online.

You can see that the CD's titles are maintained in the catalog. This is on the Mac platform. I don't know if there's a problem with PCs and this feature.

Do you Twango?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Catalog Reader All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: