iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another noob question: preserving captions in HTML galleries

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> HTML galleries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Another noob question: preserving captions in HTML galleries Reply with quote

I am seeing the filename in the caption space, not the captions I created when I created the catalog. What am I doing wrong? Thanks anyone who can help.
Old Toad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddg:

What platform are you on and what theme did you use?

Do you Twango?
ddg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Mac OS X 10.4.9 and 'default' theme (black background for thumbnails and selected color for full images.) The HTML gallery looks just like the catalog but the captions on the full size images are gone, just the file names show there instead. I suppose I could figure out how to put the captions in manually with an HTML editor but as there are 84 pictures... :shock: And I believe I had the 'treat captions as raw html' checkbox selected; was that an error? Thanks
Old Toad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have Descriptions selected to be displayed in the Media view? The Default theme displays what is displayed in each of the two views. That is, what's displayed in the thumbnail view is used in the gallery and what's in the Media view in the large media view.

I've getting the comments in the media view that correspond to the Description field for each Media view.
ddg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Old Toad, I'll check that out.
ddg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned out that's exactly what I needed to do. Thanks for the help. Old Toad. I know just enough about computers to be dangerous...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> HTML galleries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: