iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modifying media.html To Scale Movies

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> HTML galleries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Lizak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Modifying media.html To Scale Movies Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out how to make the movies generated from the media.html templates scale up larger on the web page.

When the media.html pages are generated for a gallery, the code below is somehow added to the end of each page:

<object classid="clsid:02bf25d5-8c17-4b23-bc80-d3488abddc6b" width="320" height="256" codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab"> <param name="src" value="image/hot_foods.mpg" /> <param name="autoplay" value="true" /> <param name="kioskmode" value="false" /> <param name="controller" value="true" /> <param name="loop" value="false" /> <embed src="image/hot_foods.mpg" width="320" height="256" autoplay="true" kioskmode="false" controller="true" loop="false" pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/"> </embed> </object>
<!--[if gte IE 6]></NOSCRIPT><![endif]--></td>
</tr>
</table>

</body>
</html>

If I edit the last width and height paramerters of this code, I can scale up the dimensions of the movie. Is there some way to change the defaults from 230x256 to something else? I cannot find where that code is coming from. It is not in the media.html file that is part of the iView html template. Would appreciate your help. -Thanks
Old Toad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What theme are you working with and do you mean the slideshow image size? If it's the slideshow media image size then edit the media.html file that's in the theme's folder. The themes are located, on the Mac platform, within iView MediaPro application/Contents/Shared Support/Plug-ins/HTML Templates folder or in the User/Library/Application Support/iView/HTML Templates folder.

Make a copy of the theme folder to work with, rename the folder, edit the media.html file, and put the new theme folder in the User/Library/Application Support/iView/HTML Templates folder. On a PC is may be something similar but I don't know what it would be.
Michael Lizak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Toad wrote:
What theme are you working with and do you mean the slideshow image size? If it's the slideshow media image size then edit the media.html file that's in the theme's folder. The themes are located, on the Mac platform, within iView MediaPro application/Contents/Shared Support/Plug-ins/HTML Templates folder or in the User/Library/Application Support/iView/HTML Templates folder.

Make a copy of the theme folder to work with, rename the folder, edit the media.html file, and put the new theme folder in the User/Library/Application Support/iView/HTML Templates folder. On a PC is may be something similar but I don't know what it would be.

Thanks for your response! I am using the Aqua theme. I understand the process you have described. The problem I am having is that if you go to the Aqua folder where the media.html file is, and open the media.html file with Dreamweaver or whatever, the code from my original post is not part of that file. The code is somehow added during the gallery building process. I'm hoping to be able to set the defaults for that bit of code so when the "slideshow' portion of the web page is displayed, the movies will scale to a specific size. If I edit the last width and height paramerters of this code for each generated slideshow page, I can scale up the dimensions of the movie. Since I am going to making many web galleries, it would take too long to edit all of those html files. Could you try to make a small web gallery with the aqua theme and see if you have the same issue? Thanks again for your help. -Michael
Old Toad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you need to do the trick is a text editor like TextWrangler (from BBEdit developers - free) or Tex-Edit Plus (also free). Open the media.html file and change the following:
Quote:
<!-- iView HTML Engine Directives
(iView:InMediaWidth 640)
(iView:InMediaHeight 480)
-->

to
Quote:
(iView:InMediaWidth 800)
(iView:InMediaHeight 600)
-->

or what ever size you want and when you bring up the Aqua theme those sizes will be the default size to use. Just be sure you're saving as plain text when you save.
Michael Lizak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Thanks for your help Reply with quote

Old Toad wrote:
All you need to do the trick is a text editor like TextWrangler (from BBEdit developers - free) or Tex-Edit Plus (also free). Open the media.html file and change the following:
Quote:
(iView:InMediaWidth 640)
(iView:InMediaHeight 480)
-->

to
Quote:
(iView:InMediaWidth 800)
(iView:InMediaHeight 600)
-->

or what ever size you want and when you bring up the Aqua theme those sizes will be the default size to use. Just be sure you're saving as plain text when you save.

Thanks again for your help. It's good to know what those parameters controlled. I can see that the images that are generated for the "slideshow' pages use those dimensions. I may be missing something here, but movie files do not seem to respect those settings. If you did not put a quicktime movie in your test catalog, I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind giving it a try. I don't know much about html editing so, your help is greatly appreciated. -Thanks
johnbeardy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it picking up the settings in the Make > Save Slide Show command?
Old Toad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet it isn't. Haven't tried saving it as a slideshow. That information probably is buried somewhere else within the application. I looked throughout the application and didn't see any items that related to saving as a QT file. But then, I'm not a programmer.
Michael Lizak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Toad wrote:
I'll bet it isn't. Haven't tried saving it as a slideshow. That information probably is buried somewhere else within the application. I looked throughout the application and didn't see any items that related to saving as a QT file. But then, I'm not a programmer.

Really appreciate your efforts. If this ever gets figured out, I'll let you know. Thanks, -Michael
mypointofview

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This had me totally stunned as well. Luckily I found a way out but it's complicated. Without going into detail just yet, the way around would be to make a php based template. In short, the gallery would not be .html but rather .php. This requires that the server provides php (which can be easily done for any Mac for free) - most hosting companies do offer php support though for free, but not those Yahoo/GeoCities webspaces.

If you're still with me and know what I'm talking about -- php enables to create dynamic pages. In the template I made I sniff the user's screen size the moment a user visits any page and then set a cookie. Then any subsequent page request can read that cookie and deliver the size of movie I want depending on the user's screen size.

My gallery shows up in a popup window which normally requires the visit of a previous page. I defined 3 screen sizes and the server then delivers one of 3 movie sizes. The beauty is that I only have to make one gallery for all 3 sizes. I do this also for pictures. The largest size is generated but for the user it's scaled down by php running on the server (dimensions only, not file size).

BTW I had problems with the built-in template "Film Frame" to show .mpg files (.mov worked) but I solved it too.

If you're interested I can go in further details later (takes time to explain all because you cannot see the PHP code when viewing source).
sam rohn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: full screen movies Reply with quote

i made a custom HTML template for iView to display full screen QTVR movies a while back, this is the code i used in media.html to display full-screen movies in full-screen windows, no PHP or cookies required -

see an example gallery of panoramas from the old city of Jerusalem here -

http://www.nylocations.com/panoramic-photography/jerusalem/

(i do use PHP on my site, but not for re-sizing as described above)

Code:
<head>
<script language="javascript">
<!--
window.moveTo(0,0)
window.resizeTo(window.screen.availWidth,window.screen.availHeight)
window.focus()
//-->
</script>

- - - - -

</head>

- - - - -

<body leftmargin="0" marginwidth="0" topmargin="0" marginheight="0">
<object width="100%" height="93%" codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" classid="clsid:clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" border="1">
<param name="kioskmode" value="true">
<param name="scale" value="tofit">
<param name="controller" value="true">
<param name="cache" value="false">
<param name="src" value="(iView:MediaURL)">
<embed src="(iView:MediaURL)" width="100%" height="93%" type="video/quicktime" controller="true" border="1" cache="false" scale="tofit" pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/" kioskmode="true">
</embed>
</object>

- - - - -

</body>

note these bits -

object width="100%" height="93%"

<param name="scale" value="tofit">

<param name="src" value="(iView:MediaURL)">

<embed src="(iView:MediaURL)" width="100%" height="93%" type="video/quicktime" controller="true" border="1" cache="false" scale="tofit" pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/" kioskmode="true">

also note that quicktime movies require both the object & embed tag, which contain duplicate values, Adobe Golive is the best bet for quicktime web authoring, as it has quicktime support built in, dreamweaver STILL requires a 3rd party plug-in to really "get" QT...........

sam
Michael Lizak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mypointofview wrote:
This had me totally stunned as well. Luckily I found a way out but it's complicated. Without going into detail just yet, the way around would be to make a php based template. In short, the gallery would not be .html but rather .php. This requires that the server provides php (which can be easily done for any Mac for free) - most hosting companies do offer php support though for free, but not those Yahoo/GeoCities webspaces. etc...

I apologize for taking so long to respond to your post. I really appreciate you taking the time to explain your solution to me. I am glad to know this option exsists for sizing movies. Maybe you saw the solution Sam Rohn posted after yours. He found a solution that uses html code in the media.html file. Since a I know a little about html and nothing about php, I am going to give his idea a try first. If that does not work out, I hope it will not mind if I contact you again. Thanks again.
Michael Lizak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Thanks Sam Reply with quote

sam rohn wrote:
i made a custom HTML template for iView to display full screen QTVR movies a while back, this is the code i used in media.html to display full-screen movies in full-screen windows, no PHP or cookies required etc...

I apologize for taking so long to respond to your post. Thank you for your solution and the code you posted. I am woking with your code and have had some success. If I have problems I hope you will not mind if I contact you again. Thanks!
sam rohn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: quicktime in iview Reply with quote

no prob, post here so that others will be able to follow as well -

sam
Michael Lizak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: quicktime in iview Reply with quote

sam rohn wrote:
no prob, post here so that others will be able to follow as well -

sam

By the way, your website is amazing as well as your photography! Beautifully designed. I meant to mention that in my last post. -Michael
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> HTML galleries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: