iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thumb nails and images oversharpened and some won't show

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> HTML galleries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hsakols

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Thumb nails and images oversharpened and some won't show Reply with quote

I'm trying to generate a web portfolio using Exprissions on OS 10.4 and get oversharpened thumb nails and expanded images. I read below this post that I should rebuild the thumbnails. How exactly do I do this? Or would it just be easier to try and export my ivc files to something like Aperture?

Also, some images don't show when the web thumbnails are generated. However, these images show a clear path to the original when viewed as an expressions thumbnail?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Toad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hsakols:

To rebuild the thumbnails select them in the catalog and type Command-B. What type of images are that don't show? If they are Photoshop files that have an alpha channel you should check the Use Alpha Channels checkbox in the EM Media Rendering preferences.
hsakols

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I have rebuilt the thumbnails but still get the oversharpening. I have discovered that not all thumbnails are mached with the same source image? For example I click to open a thumbnail of a tree and then get an image of a rock. The thumbnails that are missing are matched to old JPEGs that I have already trashed thus giving me no image. Once again I am using OS 10.4.1 on a new Imac with plenty of ram. All of my original images are large film scans saved usually as a tiff of psd file.
Old Toad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a rebuild of one of the miss directed thumbnails and see if it is corrected. If so then rebuild all of the thumbnails in the catalog.

Definitely update to 10.4.10 via the COMBO updater for Intel. You can get it at Apple Downloads. Also make sure you run the latest Quicktime and iMac up updates. Followed by a repair of disk permissions of course.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> HTML galleries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: