iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iView Media Pro - not for professional photographers?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> File formats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sundstei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: iView Media Pro - not for professional photographers? Reply with quote

I have just stared using iView Media Pro (3.1.3) about 2 months ago to handle my library of images. I already use Aperture and Lightroom for organizing things in smaller project, but they clearly do not fit for a larger library like i am working in now (about 500 000 photos).

I am a working professional and i shoot with the best cameras i can get for each job. During the years i have used several types of cameras to build my library. I have files shot with:

Phase One H10
Phase One H20
Phase One P25
Phase One P45
Leaf Aptus 22
Leaf Aptus 75
Kodak ProBack 645C
Canon 1D
Canon 1Ds
Canon 1Ds MkII
Canon 5D

Now that i have begun to import the over 500 000 files I have started to realize that iView Media only support the "home cameras" such as Canon 20D etc. The only cameras i have files from that work with iView are Canon 1DsMkII and Canon 5D.

Does not anyone else have these problems? Are everyone with this software only using it for "home use" or the newest cameras out there?

I am working on Mac platform and I really wish iView would use Apples standard fileformat reader in their software. That way it could support all the files Aperture etc supports. Even Preview can display all my files!!! :O

Too bad iView is wasting resources on building more features instead of allowing photographers to actually import the files we have to the software.

A good friend of mine running a large studio asked me about iView (knowing i was implementing a catalog system using the software), and luckily i was able to steer him away from a purchase.

Erik

Ps! iView Media Pro is SOOO right for me.. i just wish i could manage my photos with it :(
DJWebb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what file formats all those cameras use but have you considered DNG?

Converting all your files from their native format into DNG would allow ivmp3 (and xMedia) to work with them.

DNG also works in lightroom (and i assume aperture) so it shouldn't disrupt the rest of your workflow.
roberte

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi erik,

Try changing your preferences (Shift+Cmd+,) for RAW to use Apple as the Preferred Engine.
moonmoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iView Media Pro is s good for me. :D
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> File formats All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: