iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Catalog will not load images

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
horanphoto

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Catalog will not load images Reply with quote

i have a catalog which is only 385 mg. large but will not accept new media either by drag & drop or by the file import method. I know they have 1.5 gig limit but what would be a possible reason for one this size not to load
iviewadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Eric,

In the first instance take a look at the File Menu > Catalog Importers dialog. The ticks along the side are the import filters. If any are off, files of that type will not import into a catalog. This allows you to dump a whole hard drive into MediaPro will restricting the import to a specific set of file types (as an example).

If this is not the answer then could it be a question of file protection. i.e. are they held in a directory which your user does not have the necessary privileges to access files ?

The physical limit to a single catalog is actually 2Gb and you are right 385Mb is far away from this.

Kind regards
Simon Street
horanphoto

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: catalog will not load images Reply with quote

In the first instance take a look at the File Menu > Catalog Importers dialog. The ticks along the side are the import filters. If any are off, files of that type will not import into a catalog.

[color=green]This, I guess, is not it the problem- they are all checked[/color]

This allows you to dump a whole hard drive into MediaPro will restricting the import to a specific set of file types (as an example).

If this is not the answer then could it be a question of file protection. i.e. are they held in a directory which your user does not have the necessary privileges to access files ?

[color=green]How would I check to see if a directory is locked? It's weird because the imports are discriminatory some folders (full of images) will import but not all images are included, or if I try to get just selected images from a folder they will not import (either DNG or Tiff)?[/color]
iviewadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were to locate the files which do not import do they import if you drag and drop them one at a time into MediaPro. That would give us a clue as to what is happening ?
horanphoto

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: catalog will not load images Reply with quote

Simon, I figured out that a catalog will not load an image if it has already been loaded previously (a good thing). So if I can't find and image in any of the virtual sets that I have set up where it would make since for the image to be, and it will not reload from a local drive then does this mean it is somewhere in that catalog just not in the right sets or could it have been removed somehow?
iviewadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Yes this is true, MediaPro will not import a file which has been imported previously. Duplicate items are not permitted in a catalog. A file which has been duplicated in the file system or copied to a new location will import since it is a new uniquely identified file and MediaPro works to identify unique files.

You can add and delete files from a catalog set or meta data group, but that doesn't delete this from the catalog, until you use the delete on the keyboard or the Delete icon on the toolbar (which really deletes the original file).

I think the software is probably working as it should. If you find an example where things are amiss let me know and I'll try and help.

Kind regards
Simon Street
richarddorbin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Images not loading Reply with quote

I am having the same problem in that I have been trying to drag and drop a set of folders from a hard-drive backup onto the catalog. I get a green +, release and nothing happens.

i know that these folders/images have not been added to this catalog. They have been added to other, older catalogs - that are not open. The older catalogs have images that were accepted on the one that is in question now.

I have tried closing and re-opening iView and trying a few times, but to no avail.

the catalog has 18089 saved images
it was created 6.10.07
last modified 5.22.08
Scratch 0 bytes
size 148.2mb

I am on Mac OS 10.4.11

iView v 3.1.3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: