iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Searching EXIF

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhy7s

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Searching EXIF Reply with quote

I'm trying out iView as Picasa is very limiting. Something I ran into in Picasa was the inability to search EXIF it would seem. For example searching for exposure mode or focal length gave no results. However, I'm running into the same impediment in iView even though the manual says EXIF is included in the search. Many cameras are in the catalog such as Canon G5, S400, A610, A95, A75 - Minolta Dynax 5D - Olympus C8080, etc. and I've tried searching against a bunch of different fields visible in the info panel but no results. So I've gone back to using EXIF Image Viewer which makes sorting image files by EXIF data pretty easy but I'm sure I must be doing something wrong in iView as it would seem to be an important function for this class of program.
Old Toad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhy7s:

Welcome to the iView Forum. Since the Find feature does not include most of the Photo EXIF fields a workaround others have used is to use the List mode and have those fields displayed (Command-J). Then you can click the header of one of those fields to have it sorted so you can scroll down to get the value you're looking for.
Do you Twango?
rhy7s

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. That'll work for now, is it likely that an extensive search of EXIF will be possible in future versions though?
Old Toad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That certainly would be a good item to present to the developers via the User Suggestions page.
wildpicture

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this suggestion. I had been looking all morning for an easy way to find all pictures that were taken with a specific lens in combination with a converter (giving a specific focal length), but just couldn't find it. This solved it.

Wildpicture, Wildlife photography www.wildpicture.com
Dell 9150 4GB RAM, XP SP2, IVMP 3.1.3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: