iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issues updating from IVMP 3.0.2 to 3.1.3 ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syncrasy

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Issues updating from IVMP 3.0.2 to 3.1.3 ? Reply with quote

I was getting some annoying crashing behavior in View MediaPro 3.0.2 (the app crashed when I tried to edit a custom annotation) so I just updated to 3.1.3. (Updates nearly always cause me headaches, so I put them off as long as I can or until I have free time. I don't intend to update to Expressions Media at this time).

I encountered a few minor problems due to 3.1.3 overriding my 3.0.2 preferences:

- NEF media files in portrait orientation appear as landscape (Fix: change preference for Media Appearance for raw files from "Apple" to "Manufacturer").

- Title annotation is now Headline (doesn't appear to cause any problems, but it confused me for a while because my Find searches weren't working).

- Watermark in my HTML gallery is in wrong location (easily fixed).

- HTML gallery no longer remembers previous Site Title (not really a problem, but it is a change).

So, my question: Are there any other (major) issues or "gotchas" that I should be aware of before I begin using 3.1.3 in earnest?

Thanks,
syncrasy
Old Toad

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a sort of major gotcha if you upgrade to Leopard. The text entry boxes in items like batch rename, Batch Rename and Set Creator Details take on the same color as the background of the window you came from. So if you have your thumbnail, media or list view background very dark you won't be able to see the text you enter into those windows. The easy solution is to use light colored backgrounds that black text will show against.

My use is strictly amateur so can't comment on many of the unique characteristics that professionals use a lot. However, 3.1.3, as I recall, did perform better than the earlier versions.

Since I use the iLife apps for my web work I hadn't noticed the gallery name issue. EM2 has corrected a lot of the issues that many of the professional photographers had (there's still more to go however) but my demo version ran out and the EM 1 version isn't any better than iView 3.1.3 so I'm back to that.
syncrasy

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up, Old Toad. I do use dark gray backgrounds, so you've given me another reason why I will delay upgrading my OS until I absolutely have to.

So far IVMP 3.1.3 has been working well. Web galleries work. I like the 6-image light table. And no crashes.

Also, thanks for your thoughts on EM1/EM2. I expect that I'll probably continue with 3.1.3 until I have to get a new computer, at which time I'll probably make the Aperture/Lightroom decision.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: