iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Filenames truncated to 8-character length on rename

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rowat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Filenames truncated to 8-character length on rename Reply with quote

I have just installed iView 3.1.2 (build 42D5) on my new machine - running Vista SP1 - and am experiencing a problem that I have not encountered before. When I batch rename, or even click to rename a file, the original filename is immediately truncated to an 8-character combination.

For instance, trying to rename (either via batch or directly clicking on the filename itself in iView) the following file 'rowat_town_20080428_1928-05' will result in the following name 'RO71C0~1'. 'rowat_town_20080428_1930-04' ends up with 'RO7EB8~1'.

I am at a loss to explain this behaviour, so am hoping someone can shed some light on it.

Thanks,

Andrew.
wildpicture

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew, you can find several threads about this problem. Please check your Quicktime version. I had the same problem with Quicktime version 7.4 and going back to version 7.3 solved the problem.

Wildpicture, Wildlife photography www.wildpicture.com
Dell 9150 4GB RAM, XP SP2, IVMP 3.1.3
Rowat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hans -

Thanks for the quick reply. I will see what version of QT is installed when I am back in the office.

Thanks so much,

Andrew.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: