iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEF updates dont show in iView Pro

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: NEF updates dont show in iView Pro Reply with quote

Hy there...

Im working with iView Pro and I just bought a new iMac (Mac OS X, 10.5.3). Now I realized, that the change I do in NXCapture to the NEF doesnt show in iView Pro. iView Pro only shows the original image!
Any suggestions how to solve this??
Thanks for your help!
Henry
Dierk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Select the images in question, hit <Ctrl>+<b>.
2. If that does not work, check your NEFs are not from the D300 or D3. If they are - and I recall correctly - wait until Apple decides to update the RAW function of the system.
3. If neither 1 nor 2 solve the problem, Old Toad may be better equipped to help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
roberte

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't think you will have any luck with iView seeing your Nikon Capture NX edited D3 and D300 NEFs. While Apple does support these new models it uses the Mac rendering not Nikon's so changes in NX will be ignored.

The latest versions of xMedia 1 and 2 use a new Nikon SDK and so should work. OTOH there is a bug there which makes the NEFs look over-saturated. The current workaround is to turn off color management (color matching) in xMedia. Or use DNG. :).
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pics are from my Nikon D200. I doubt its a Mac-related problem, as the finder shows the edited image!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: