iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice on converting over?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siegman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Advice on converting over? Reply with quote

OK, so I've been a user and enthusiastic supporter of iView from its earliest days, and I'm enough of a senior citizen that I can probably just keep using my current version of iView MediaPro for the rest of my days. And, my half century plus experience in using computers tells me that any time you convert to a new or modified software application, there will always be, not just the need to learn a new interface and unlearn an hard-earned old one, but always some glitch, some change, that will cause annoyance at best, real grief and damage at worst.

So, I've just now downloaded and installed my licensed copy of Expressionist. The question is: should I actually convert over and really start using it? Or should I just happily continue with my existing copy of IVMP for the remainder of my days, and avoid any risk of grief?

Advice from anyone who's made the transition -- including especially any one who has made it, and gone back -- will be much appreciated.
roberte

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Unless you need a feature or bug fix in Expression Media stick with iView. Some areas that could affect you in the future and make you upgrade are support for new camera RAW formats, compatibility with QuickTime, new operating systems, etc. IMHO after three years iView MediaPro 3 is still a great DAM product.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: