iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2.5b3 Crashing After Slide Show

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trustworthya1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: 2.5b3 Crashing After Slide Show Reply with quote

I have posyed here before describing a problem with iView 2.0.3 quiiting intermittently in 10.3.3. iView Tech support suggested I try the 2.5b3 beta. It consisently crashes under the following circumstances:

Run Slide Show

Exit Slide Show

Returns screen to thumbnail view.

Scroll through thumbnails.

iView quits unexpectedly.

The crash report point to Mac Classic. I don't understand this as I am running the software in 10.3.3.

I have tried this both on my G5 and my PowerBook with the same result. iView states the problem is with my computers and not its software. I am not convinced but would like to resolve the issue.

I have run DiskWarrior on both my G5 and PowerBook. DiskWarrior found no problems.
csucher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.5b3 Crashing After Slide Show Reply with quote

Have you tried repairing permissions? Have you also tried trashing the preference file for iView? These are the first two steps you should do if programs are crashing/unexpectidly quitting.

I have been using the beta without any problems on my 17" iMac without any problems. When a program does crash all the time, performing the above steps has resolved the issue almost every time.

Chris
trustworthya1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. I've repaired permissions and deleted the iView preferences folder. Still crashes. :(
Old Toad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried but couldn't duplicate your problem. In addition to repairing permissions, I would boot into Safe mode or single user mode to run the File System Check (fsck).

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107393
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106388
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107394

If than doesn't help the try running your slideshow from another account on either machine, preferably a "clean" account. If it runs there OK then you've got a conflict to find in your current account.

Hope this has been of some help. Good luck.
trustworthya1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Old Toad. One question. How did you exit the slide show? Did you press escape or the red exit button in the slide show window? I have found when I hit escape it does not crash but when I exit via the red button in the little slide show window it does crash.
trustworthya1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried the same thing in safe mode and when I exit via the red button it crashes is safe mode.
Old Toad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not have the controls showing and just clicked on the window with the mouse. Just tried it again with the red exit button and escape key with the same success. No crash. After getting to the thumbnail window I scrolled the selection and then hit show all and scrolled again. Can't get it to crash. Even scrolled with the arrow keys and home, end, page up and down keys. No go.
trustworthya1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for trying Old Toad. What OS are you running?
Old Toad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10.3.3. I would update my profile but cannot locate any "Profile" links on any of the pages I visit. 'Tis a puzzlement.
trustworthya1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot explain the cause. I hope iView will respond. It is very nice software but needs to be more stable in a variety of environments. I can find nothing wrong with either my desktop or laptop.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: