iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Make HTML Gallery window is different

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> HTML galleries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeanine

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Make HTML Gallery window is different Reply with quote

I am using the iView Pro 2 trial version. I want to add some annotations to my Web Gallery. My "Make HTML Gallery" window is different than what tutorials show. I only have the tabs "theme" and "setting" instead of "index" "media page" "general". I don't see HTML gallery options as in tutorial http://www.iview-multimedia.com/tutorials/gallery/index.html

I am doing something wrong?

What I want to do is add Caption or some comment to each photo.

:?
jimhere

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's odd. Their help shot is from iView 1.5. Version 2 does have only the two tabs.
You can make "captions" show up by making a "captions" field phrase in an html template of your choice. Some templates are found in your Library/Application Suppost/iView/HTML Templates folder...
If there's an existing layout that's OK, save a copy of it with "captions" in there.
If this is confusing, there's a document called "About_Templates.html" that comes with iView.

Last edited by jimhere on Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Make HTML Gallery window is different Reply with quote

Yes, that tutorial has not been updated for the 2.0 version of Media Pro. Along with the document jimhere pointed out, use the User Manual for guidance on using this capability. http://www.iview-multimedia.com/support/documentation.html

jeanine wrote:
What I want to do is add Caption or some comment to each photo.

Not quite sure what you mean. Two answers then: (a) Captions (and all other annotations) can be added to your Photos in the Info panel of iView Media. (b) In the Make>HTML Gallery... feature you can't choose which annotations to include or not. Those choices are built-in to the templates using iView field phrases embedded in the HTML. If you want different choices and/or placement it requires making your own custom templates (typically by modifying an existing one.)

Regards,
Jim
jeanine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okaaaaaay.....where will I find a template to modify or where do I find iView field phrases? My HTML template folders is empty. Is it because I have the trial version? I browsed thru "About_Templates.html" and feel "out of place". Where can I find a template that I can modify or one that will do something similar to what I want?

I have the captions, keywords etc already assigned to the photo but want the option/capability to add them to the web gallery. Do I need to take some classes in HTML or is there a idiots program/template I can walk thru?

thanks

from Jeanine aka "lost in HTML code"
jeanine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okaaaaaay.....where will I find a template to modify or where do I find iView field phrases? My HTML template folders is empty. Is it because I have the trial version? I browsed thru "About_Templates.html" and feel "out of place". Where can I find a template that I can modify or one that will do something similar to what I want?

I have the captions, keywords etc already assigned to the photo but want the option/capability to add them to the web gallery. Do I need to take some classes in HTML or is there a idiots program/template I can walk thru?

thanks

from Jeanine aka "lost in HTML code"
Jim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeanine aka 'lost in HTML code' wrote:
Do I need to take some classes in HTML or is there a idiots program/template I can walk thru?

I hear ya, Jeanine. This is a technical hurdle no doubt -- iView did not provide good low-level documentation on how to do this. A WYSIWYG HTML editor like Dreamweaver is probably the easiest for a total novice -- but that's expensive software. And truthfully you'll end up having to learn basic HTML syntax anyway. In response to another one of your posts I mused on how best to just share templates: http://www.iview-multimedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59

jeanine wrote:
Okaaaaaay.....where will I find a template to modify or where do I find iView field phrases? My HTML template folders is empty. Is it because I have the trial version? "

For how to duplicate templates and where they go, check out this sister thread http://www.iview-multimedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63. iView "field phrases" are what you were looking at in the About_Templates.html document. They are what insert iView annotation info (and other stuff) into the HTML template that builds the website.

I know, my answer here was only of limited help. Hopefully other's will chime in if they have a better answer.

Regards,
Jim
jeanine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will take me a while to digest this info so I may be back with more questions. I will probably need to find a computer friend to help me with a HTML template. As I understand it, once I have a template I want, I would put it in the ~User/Library/Application Support/iView/Plug-ins/HTML Templates folder and it will show up in the Themes tab under Make HTML Gallery ? :roll:

Jeanine
jimhere

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it will show up there. It took me awhile to figure this stuff out, too. Alot of making galleries from templates, then trashing them. Alot of tweaking.
Here's a little gallery made from iView:
http://homepage.mac.com/jimpogo/kids/
Simply adorable, eh?
I modified an old frameset template that came with iView. Notice the words under the photo. That's where iView's captions become the web page's caption. It looks like I made a place for "Photo By", but since I didn't mark it in iView, it's blank. PM me if you want me to email this template. Then you can rip it apart to see how it works.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> HTML galleries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: