iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

keywording ease of use

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lightnin@bokonen.net

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: keywording ease of use Reply with quote

Hello y'all -

I have some questions / requests for the next version I'd like to run by you. First let me say that this is great software, and thank you for making it!

1. There is a bug in IView Media Pro 2.0.3 for Mac that causes the keyword field to appear on the left hand screen of a dual screen config when the iview window is on the right. In my config the left hand screen is the default - looks like the function is using the default head and not getting the pointer to the window's screen properly. To reproduce: Open catalog of images, info pane, on non primary screen. Enter keywords. Move to next image, enter keywords again. Around then the keyword field will start to appear on the wrong screen.

2. We need to associate keywords in the metadata of the images themselves. There is little to no use in doing it in our catalogs alone since our clients who need their images keyworded don't see the catalogs. Anything to make this the default behavior would be welcome so we don't have to worry about synchronizing. And I'm a bit confused about where the catalogs keywords begin and the images keywords are and what if any relationship they have...There is the info and organize panes and they both have keyword fields.. Can you clarify?

3. Since we are doing so much keywording, the pull down operation can become somewhat of a strain. I've taken to selecting a bunch of images and just typing in their keywords... but this sometimes introduces typos. If possible a "set" of keywords available with check boxes next to them would be great. (Photoshop does this but for some reason takes forever to change keywords in large tiffs). Or maybe I should be dragging thumbnails onto keywords in the organize pane?

Thanks!

-Amos
jimhere

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beta v2.5 handles this stuff better. "Sets" of keywords worked in v1.5 (they were called "favorites"). I'm not sure if they're back in the beta, but overall keyword handling and applying is better.
Jim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: keywording ease of use Reply with quote

Lightnin@bokonen.net wrote:
I'm a bit confused about where the catalogs keywords begin and the images keywords are and what if any relationship they have...There is the info and organize panes and they both have keyword fields.. Can you clarify?

All are from the same keyword pool. Those in the pop-up menu (accessible in Info and Organize panels) are all of your keywords, across all of your Catalogs. Those displayed in the Info panel are those applied to the selected image. Those in the Organize panel are those applied to at least one image in your open Catalog *plus* those you may have manually added there via the pop-up menu.

Or maybe I should be dragging thumbnails onto keywords in the organize pane?

Yes! Batch your keywording via the Organize panel by dragging multiple photos to a keyword. Alternatively, batch your photos in the Info panel by selecting multiple images then entering keywords and clicking the little green checkmark. BTW - On Macs use command-click for discontiguous selecting of multiple images.

Regards,
Jim
Jim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: keywording ease of use Reply with quote

Since we are doing so much keywording, the pull down operation can become somewhat of a strain. I've taken to selecting a bunch of images and just typing in their keywords... but this sometimes introduces typos.

Forgot to add in my previous post (a) iView should let you auto-complete keywords when you type them in the Info panel, watch for that... and (b) cleaning out typos from your keyword list can be done using a text editor on this file: ~User/Library/Application Support/iView/Plug-ins/Favorites/Keywords

Jim
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: