iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Desperate. Need help with first catalog.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cathyka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Desperate. Need help with first catalog. Reply with quote

Hi all.

I am completely new to iview but a quick study.
Here is my situation. I have multilpe file formats. Mostly Illustrator, Quark, Indesign and pdfs. I need to catalog and print in order of creation with the file name, file type, date created and date modified on the print out. How to I apply this information to my thumbnails or full images?

Please Help. I have spent all morning and I am not getting anywhere.

thanks!

Cath
Jim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but:
(a) Creation date info is already in the Catalog, imported with the image.
(b) To display it in List view right-click on a field header and add it. Sort by that column by clicking on it. Add/remove other fields similarly as desired.
(c) To display it in Thumbnails view, use Window>Show View Options to turn that field on. Fields appear under the thumbnails in the order that you click them on. View>Sort to sort by a particular value.

Hope this info helps put you on the right track!

Jim
Old Toad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to get various information to show up under the thumbnail and eventually in the contact sheet, type Command-J or go to the Window menu and select View Options. From there you can select what you want to be included under each thumbnail. When you go to print a contact sheet, those fields will also be included. (In the Print window, select Print field views.)

Hope this has been of some help. Good luck.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: