iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Olympus ORF files major color aberration in Media view

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> File formats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhc

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Olympus ORF files major color aberration in Media view Reply with quote

Although the thumbnails for Olympus ORF RAW format appear normal, there is a major error in color in media format view, like a "color negative" view. This is using photos taken with the Olympus C5060, viewed in iView MediaPro 2.5, OSX 10.3.3. The same in version 2.0.3, I was kind of hoping it would be resolved this time round...
jdriver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I just got a C-5060WZ and tried importing a raw file from the camera, thumbnail is fine, but the media view looks like it's through a blue filter.

Tried importing with embedded color sync profile.. no difference.

On the other hand, they never claimed to support ORF. Very little software does support it.

Update: I gather from reading another post, that this is a bug in Quicktime 6.5.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: I agree, ORF media view is horrible! Reply with quote

Unfortunately this issue with ORF files hasn't been solved in 2.6. ORF previews are quite ok but media view are horrible (too dark).

I used a C-5050 Olympus camera and have the same problems.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> File formats All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: