iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CD's with iVMP-Katalog

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
montespluga

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: CD's with iVMP-Katalog Reply with quote

Hi, I'm quiet often burning CD's /DVD's and adding the iVMP-Katalog to it. There's the backup-option in IV, but unless I'm having a special partition on my HD, to drop the file to be burned, the path on the CD itself will be the wrong one. i. e. the HD one.

Is there a way to create a IVMP-catalog on a CD with the path showing the CD?

Thxs, montespluga
Old Toad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I read this is another thread. Once you've moved the image files and catalog to the CD, but before you burn, open the Catalog in iView. Then while in the Folder window, select the top folder and with the drop-down menu at the far right of the folder line, select "Reset folder path..". This should reset your folder paths and show the correct path to each file. You might want to delve down into any sub folders to make sure the reset carried down. If not, then do them individually.

Hope this has been of some help. Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Toad wrote:

Hope this has been of some help. Good luck.

Old Toad, thanks
but the Cd will show the old path, as when been burning, it has been on a HD, i.e. it shows the HD path.
Old Toad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have said open the copy of the catalog that resides to the HD (before burning the CD that is) and try the rebuild file path.
Jim the EE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Old Toad,

I'm using Toast to burn the disk. It won't let me open the iview file when it is in the toast setup. I have tried resetting the pathes when the slideshow is saved to HD and that seems to help and works OK in the Mac iview catalog reader.

The PC iview catalog reader seems to round the filenames to 32 characters. However, the filenames can be up to 64 characters on the disk for a PC. So, between 32 and 64 characters the catalog reader changes the filenames but the names remain the same on the CD or DVD. Hence, the catalog reader can't find the files since they have different names.

IF I keep the filenames to less than 32 (including the .TIF) everything works. That seems like a flakey solution.

Thanks
NW

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: filename length Reply with quote

Jimsimes wrote:
IF I keep the filenames to less than 32 (including the .TIF) everything works. That seems like a flakey solution.

Better than keeping them to ISO 9660's 8.3 filenames, don't you think? That's how it's always been in the past. If staying under 32 char for a filename is one of the big problems, we've obviously come a long way in solving cross-platform CD issues....

Try using Disk Copy to mount a new disk image, copy files to it, reset paths, then use Toast to burn that...

NW
montespluga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: filename length Reply with quote

[quote]

Try using Disk Copy to mount a new disk image, copy files to it, reset paths, then use Toast to burn that...
[/quote]

Thats ecaxtly what I've been doing, 2 days ago. and it works. When first trying it, it didn't seemed to work, probably the image was still on the desktop, but now, 2 days later, its perfect.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: