iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to reduce image for email?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeanine

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: How to reduce image for email? Reply with quote

I would like to crop and/or reduce am image for email purposes without losing the original quality.

iPhoto had an option to export a photo for email and reduce images before emailing and you didn't have to keep a copy of it. Where do I do this in iView?

I know how to crop and use versions. I don't understand where I reduce the file size (for emailing) while keeping the image size the size of the monitor. I am assuming I would have to keep it as a version or could I make changes for email, email, not save and revert to the original?

Thank you for any input!
DavidTO

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have two options that I know of:

1) Make>Convert Image Files, which allows you to set the resolution to say, 640x480. This does mean that you have to make a copy.

or

2) On a Mac you can use this applescript:
http://www.infofilm.nl/download-freeware-shareware/ This behaves more like you would expect iPhoto to.

Good Luck!
ee

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the 'iViewMediaPro2Mail' demo... but it does not seem to work with iView MediaPro 2.5 (Mac OS X)
DavidTO

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

works for me on a fully updated Panther OS
Polar_Bear

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: iViewMediaPro2Mail doesn't work for me either (10.3.). Reply with quote

iViewMediaPro2Mail doesn't work for me either (10.3.).
jeanine

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iViewPro2Mail worked for me (OS 10.2.6). Much easier than Convert Images!

Thanks for the feedback DavidTO.

Jeanine
arthurh

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: iViewMediaPro2Entourage Reply with quote

Still works fine for me on a fully updated Panther setup. I imagine the key is making sure that the script is still in the proper folder after updating to 2.5.
Robert Busschots

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: iViewMediaPro2Mail Reply with quote

Hello ee. Pitty to hear that the demo version of iViewMediaPro2Mail does not seem to work with iView MediaPro 2.5 (Mac OS X) on your configuration. We have been testing it with iView MediaPro 2.5 on Mac OS X 10.3.3 with Mail 1.3.7 and it works without problems. Could you describe your problem, perhaps we can help (info@infofilm.nl)
ee

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.iview-multimedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=928#928
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Can you send mail from the non-pro version of Iveiw? Reply with quote

I see the mail plug-in is for the Pro version.
Does anyone know if you can send mail from the non-pro version of Iview?
Thanks,
Dan
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: