iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This layered PS file....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
montespluga

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: This layered PS file.... Reply with quote

Hi

When importing some multilayer (=psd) files some don't show a thumbnail, nor the minipict. The window is just white, with some small text in it:
>This layered Photoshop file was not saved with a composite image<

As the translation - in the same window - in other languages is pretty bad, I wonder what this means.

Thx.
focus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The files that don't preview might have been saved when Photoshop's preference settings for Maximum Compatibility was turned off, if I am correct. That preference includes a flattened version of the layers in the file when saving, so that apps that can't read layers can see what's in the file. Many people turn it off because the flattened version makes files bigger and people think they have no use for it.

If the preference is off, there's no flattened composite, so no preview.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: PS thumbnails Reply with quote

I'm not a photoshop user. But when I get layered photoshop files from my buddies and catalog them I often have to open them in the Media window and use the the Photoshop layer arrows to switch to a different layer, then rebuild the thumbnail to get a viewable thumbnail to display.

For the Photoshop savvy: Is this only possible because there _is_ a "flattened composite" already? Or is this the work-around when there isn't one?

-- Still Learning

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

focus wrote:
The files that don't preview might have been saved when Photoshop's preference settings for Maximum Compatibility was turned off, if I am correct. That preference includes a flattened version of the layers in the file when saving, so that apps that can't read layers can see what's in the file. Many people turn it off because the flattened version makes files bigger and people think they have no use for it.

If the preference is off, there's no flattened composite, so no preview.

Thanks, you did bring me on the right path: A new save of the psd-file will create a thumbnail, though my actual PS-settings were on maximum compatibility.

This works on the HD version, but didn't worked with CD's.

A request to the iVMP-developers:

On the updates - I'm on vs 2.03 - would it be possible in the catalogfinder- which is a great feature - to add changes of the size in the catalogfinder's window, and to have nestled folders? This would give a better survey, when looking for a specific catalog. I'm used to have catalogs for every project, within different categories. Thanks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: