iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Latitude and Longitude [revised]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MtnBiker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Latitude and Longitude [revised] Reply with quote

How do get I latitude and longitude to show up in the photo information or anywhere else in the info section on the left? I can display it under the photo in the thumbnail view.

From the AppleScript dictionary:
[code]
Class device info record: A record containing camera/device information
Plural form:
device info records
Properties:
<snip-snip>
latitude text [r/o] -- the global latitude of the image location expressed in degrees, minutes, seconds
longitude text [r/o] -- the global longitude of the image location expressed in degrees, minutes, seconds [/code]

My camera doesn't record latitude and longitude, but I plan to use AppleScript to grab the information from my GPS using time to match the data.

Last edited by MtnBiker on Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
sxtxixtxcxh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: eh? Reply with quote

you mean, the photo dimensions?
the height and width.it should be under media, listed as
"dimensions."
Phil
iView staff
iView staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some cameras can include GPS information in the EXIF data of a digital photo. I think there is a GPS attachment available for a Kodak 14n for instance. So the latitude, longitude and the altitude get recorded automatically, which is pretty cool. The vast majority of cameras will not include this information so these fields will be of no use to most of us.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: