iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keywords from Catalog Set

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> AppleScript
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jazz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Keywords from Catalog Set Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am useless at programming/coding and am looking for some one to write a script for iView 2.6.2 to convert/copy a catalog Set of keywords into keywords. Jim from the iView forum suggested modifting this script but it's 'all Greek to me':

His comment "Set names as your keywords? If you want to convert these to the Keyword annotation field you could modify an Applescript, like this one http://www.iview-multimedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1262, to copy Set names into keywords. "

Thanks.

Jazbo
Jazzbo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Keywords Script Reply with quote

Hi All,

Since there are no takers yet on the scripting I requested, just thought I's re-iterate that it would be great to have a script that could transfer keyworsds accross catalogs, and a script that could make a list of keywords from a 'Catalog Keyword Set' for transfer to the keywords list.

Are there any folks out there that might be able to pull that off or even see the value in that?

Regards,

Jazbo
cogden

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. My script does much of what you're looking for...

http://infomatters.com/im/freestuff.html
pjp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cogden wrote:
Sure. My script does much of what you're looking for...

http://infomatters.com/im/freestuff.html

I'm sorry for likely being so dense, but I've copied the script into the correct folder, but nothing happens when I call it from the scripts menu in iView. Am I doing something wrong? I'd love to get this working -- it does exactly what I need.

Cheers,

Pete
cogden

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an iView bug. I changed the file format back to the original AppleScript file format and it now works.

As well, I've updated the previous two scripts and added a third:

*Create Category List for Joomla and VirtueMart eCommerce
This script traverses iView's hierarchical "Catalog Sets" and creates a flat list of categories that have images directly under them.

They're available at http://infomatters.com/im/freestuff.html

cheers,
-chris
pjp

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. That is very helpful.

PJP
kasumai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: what about copy catalog sets to another catalog? Reply with quote

Wow, looks great, that script!

What I would really like is something that 'copies' catalog sets
from one catalog to another. What I mean is the following: I have
one two catalogs that contain the same media items of interest.
Only one of the two has a number of catalog sets that I would have liked
in the other one as well: same hierarchy, and also same order of media
inside the sets, so I can use them for a slideshow, e.g.

Looks like you should be able to make a script that does that?!

that would be really wonderful!
Such a 'set-copy' from one catalog to another is really missing in iView!

could you do that one as well..?
MacN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Catalog Sets Reply with quote

I'd be really grateful if I could get this to work. However, if I download this script, it identifies itself as a Unix Executable File, and won't do anything wherever I put it, and however often I click it. The same is true for the two others, also. What should I do?
cogden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing that out. Also, the third script pointed to the second. I've fixed it.

Also, they didn't have extensions (not required, but nice to have). They would have worked if you opened them from Script Editor or drag/dropped onto Script Editor. In any event, I added ".scpt" so double clicking should work for you.

Pls. let me know if they don't work for you now.
cogden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: kasumai catalog set copying between catalogs.

There are bugs in iView's AppleScript that doesn't allow one to write new catalog sets. I reported it a while ago, but havene't heard back (as usual).

I'm not 100% sure of what you're trying to do, but what I do to have catalog sets in multiple catalogs is to either:
1) copy the images between catalogs (which brings the catalog sets over)

2) or duplicate the desired catalog and copy the new images to it and classify.
MacN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Category Scripts Reply with quote

Cogden: I tried downloading again yesterday and this time I got a script. I tried it out, and it was perfect! It will save me huge amounts of time, as well as making my catalogs much neater (because I can use category sets as my main system, knowing that the information will be written to the files via keywords for compatibility).

Thank you very much indeed. This is a true gem of a script.

(I tried to get the previous version to open with script editor but it wouldn't. Anyway, no matter now.)
jhenig

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have a windoes script version?
quiche

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi cogden

Many thanks for sharing these scripts - they are really useful. I have now managed to take the Hierarchical Catalogs to Keywords Converter script and change it to convert catalogs to Categories. However, (you knew that was coming, didn't you!), what I would really like to do is combine this wil the Create Category List for Joomla and VirtueMart eCommerce script so that I end up with a list of Catalog sets that have images in them (ie not the higher level sets) under Categories. I tried to merge the scripts together, but as I have a really limited knowledge of scripting, I didn't manage to get anything to work.

Would it be a lot of trouble for you to give me some help with this?? :D

Nicky
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> AppleScript All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: