iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MHT EML and MSG

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> File formats
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuartb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: MHT EML and MSG Reply with quote

I have recently discovered that I can rename the extension of an EML to MHT and then view my archived emails in a browser. This got me thinking .. I then renamed some old MSG files as EMLs and discovered they worked just fine too. It seems to me that EML MHT and MSG are all interchangeable simply by changing their file extension. I have tried countless and have not found any which dont work. The EMLs and MSGs show the attachments and the MHT has the attachment embedded but hidden (magically re-appearing when renamed back to EML.

Question - since IVMP happily accepts MHT files and offers thumbnails . . is there any way I can 'trick' IVMP into treating MSG and EML files as if they were MHT's? I could then happily access my archived emails c/w thumbnails.

Question 2 - anyone know how to write a simple batch file to rename a folder full of MSGs as EMLs?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> File formats All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: