iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CRW file import problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gr0uch0 Marx

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: CRW file import problem Reply with quote

I have several folders full of .CRW files (from Canon 300D). The THM files are gone, just have the CRW files.

When I drag some of these folders into iView MediaPro 2.03 the program imports some of the files and then crashes, reporting a problem with one or another file. Then when I go to open iView MediaPro again I get a message saying there was a problem with such-and-such file and would I like to resave it in its creator program. Huh? You can not re-save a CRW (or any other RAW) file in Photoshop, only save as some other format.

These files that iView can not handle open fine in Photoshop. I can't see any problem with them. I was hoping to make a catalog of my raw files in iView and then maybe do a batch conversion. If I have to do the conversion in Photoshop I don't see much point to iView.

What's going on here. Is this a bug that might be addressed in an update?
Photohc

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Same problem with my 1ds files Reply with quote

Check my post on Canon 1ds tif RAW files. I have the same issues. Something is not right with support of RAW files with this software.
Paul Bermit

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right - i.E. no correct EXIF-infos and slow slow sloooooo (Yes slow! on a 1.2 Ghz G4 with 2 Gb Ram).

What's wrong? The old 1.5.x was great ...
Deane

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Change the Preferences for importing CRW Reply with quote

The default setting in the new versions is set to decode raw data to make the media preview. I prefer to use the existing preview image that is embedded in the CRW file.

Go Preferences>Media and check the Rendering: box to 'use embedded preview'. Much, much faster.

I don't know if this will help with your original problem, Gr0uch0. iView's strength is as an organiser, not file conversion. Use Canon's FVU or PS CS, if you've upgraded. I use iView to preview my CRW images as soon as I download from the camera and keep an iView catalogue with my raw files when I archive them to CD.
Photohc

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Yeah but you need to at least see the thumbnail first Reply with quote

This new 2.5 version is still the same. Images not originally imported off the CF cards will not create thumbnails because the camera data is not there and the program can't seem to figure out that it is looking at a RAW file.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: