iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IVMP compatible with Canon CR2 + Adobe CS2 XMP??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caygill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: IVMP compatible with Canon CR2 + Adobe CS2 XMP?? Reply with quote

Iím sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but Iím evaluating the new IView MP3 and I thought it would now seamlessly update and read annotations and metadata in a Canon raw and Photoshop CS2 (PC/XP) environment.

Is there something Iím missing, as any ďfile infoĒ aka IPTC Core data updates in the Bridge goes unnoticed by IView?? IView does not seem to read or update my meta data in Adobe sidecar files (of CR2 raw) at all.

Last edited by Caygill on Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
focus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those features are not part of iView Media Pro 2 or 3.

However, they are claimed to be part of iView Media Pro 3.01 which is not here yet.

Here is the quote from the iView person who posted this information in another thread:
Quote:
V301 planned for December 2005 will offer full XMP side car support, and full rendering of all formats supported by Mac system 10.4 (i.e. DNG, Minolta MRW, Olympus ORF, Sony SRF) as well as major speed improvements on Nikon NEF and Canon CRW.
Citezein

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: IVMP compatible with Canon CR2 + Adobe CS2 XMP?? Reply with quote

Caygill wrote:
Iím sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but Iím evaluating the new IView MP3 and I thought it would now seamlessly update and read annotations and metadata in a Canon raw and Photoshop CS2 (PC/XP) environment.

Is there something Iím missing, as any ďfile infoĒ aka IPTC Core data updates in the Bridge goes unnoticed by IView?? IView does not seem to read or update my meta data in Adobe sidecar files (of CR2 raw) at all.

You may want to consider switching to DNG files. If your primary tool is Adobe Camera Raw with CS2, the bidirectional support for DNG files is very good between the two programs. There are a few benefits:

1) Everything is stored in the DNG file. No more xmp or thm sidecars.
2) IView will display embedded preview of DNG file, which can be updated by ACR.
3) Future compatibility with DNG format.

I've made the switch and am enjoying a better workflow as a result. The only issue I've found is the lack of DNG support by Capture One. Supposedly they will be supporting the DNG files by the end of the year.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: