iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View 2 photos at one time?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeanine

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: View 2 photos at one time? Reply with quote

Is there a way to view 2 (or more) photos at one time for compare and contrast purposes? Anyone know how?

Thank you.

Jeanine

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had success with Extensis Portfolio (you can preview an unlimited number of photos at one time)
jdriver

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One option, if they are both in the same catalog, is to duplicate the catalog, and open both of them side by side. The number of open catalogs is only limited by your screen size.
focus

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you run a slide show set to one of the multiple image display options (like Half Vertical), you'll see two or more images at one time. I think the old manual described this tip, I haven't checked to see if the new manual does.

That said, it's a crude workaround. I too have wanted to do a quick comparison of two images.

Feature request: a Compare Images feature with two capabilities. The first would work like Photoshop, where you can open two windows and have one follow the scroll and zoom of the other. Another feature would sandwich two images using a Difference transfer mode so you can see exactly where two nearly identical images differ.
pierre

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Solution outside iView Reply with quote

Hi Jeanine,
Don't expect to do everything within iView ! It will not replace PhotoShop or GraphicConverter, or other graphic programs. Go to
http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/
download the little utility named Shomi, install it in the ToolBar of any Finder window.
Now select one, four, nine pictures, and drag 'n drop them on Shomi's icon : you'll be delighted !

By the way, if you also want to compare via an instant slide show, there is a droplet for GraphicConverter (assuming that you have that basic big utility), to use the same way, at
http://www.lemkesoft.com/en/graphscripts.htm
It is the first one in the Applescripts list.
Cheers
jeanine

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the great suggestions, I will give them all a try!

To Pierre:

Of course I want iView to do everything! (hee hee). I was looking for a "Quick Compare" before moving into another program with the photos...I think I now have some options - thanks.

Jeanine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think you need to duplicate an entire catalog to do what you want . . . I am new to IVMP so forgive me if this sounds idiotic . . . . if you click 'new' you get a blank catalog in front of the one you are working on right? Just drag the thumbnails of one (or both) of the images you want to compare into the new catalog and you can then view and compare the media simultaneously with the images in the original catalog. When closing it down . . dont bother to save the new catalog.
MtnBiker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution outside iView Reply with quote

[quote="pierre"]Hi Jeanine,
By the way, if you also want to compare via an instant slide show, there is a droplet for GraphicConverter (assuming that you have that basic big utility), to use the same way, at
[url]http://www.lemkesoft.com/en/graphscripts.htm[/url]
It is the first one in the Applescripts list.
Cheers[/quote]

You can of course do this directly in IVMP. Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see how this addresses the question of seeing two items at once.
Peter_A

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another way to do this is to hide the info/organize panels and increase your thumbnail size until you have two side by side on your screen. Depending on your default thumbnail size you may have to do a rebuild of the image.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView MediaPro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: