iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Catalog.Import Question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> VB Script
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Citezein

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Catalog.Import Question Reply with quote

What is the second parameter for on Catalog.Import(path, int)?

I'm trying to import a file via .NET Interop and it isn't giving me the option to use the one parameter form of Import(path). I'm not sure what to put there, and so far everything I've tried doesn't work. This is the last stumbling block to my DNG converter program for iView.

Thanks,

Brian
Citezein

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm answering my own question. It would seem that prior to version 427B, nothing worked. With version 427B (and 3.01b1) I can use whatever number I want. Also, the correct value to use in interop is System.Reflection.Missing.Value

Well, problem solved. I'll hopefully have a working program for people to try out tomorrow.

If anyone is actually reading this, it is possible to write actual plugins for Media Pro? I'm writing a standalone program, but it would be great if there was a more robust plugin architecture besides scripts.
roberte

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If anyone is actually reading this, it is possible to write actual plugins for Media Pro?

Of course we're reading this, you're not alone Brian. Although as a Windows user we sometimes do feel that way :).

Alex Havrylyuk wrote a plugin called iImport for MediaPro 2.6 written in Delphi 6. Alex no longer develops iImport and I haven't seen him here for a long while.

-- Robert.
Citezein

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. I wish I had seen that 15% discount a few weeks ago.

I still have some questions, feature requests for iView:

I just came across the need to be able to select a file (thus getting back a MediaItem) in the catalog based upon filename. I don't see any way of doing this at the moment.

Will the object model be updated with IPTC Core support? This would be very nice.

One last question, was the iImport program launched separately from iView or did it integrate somehow?

Thanks!
mp4037

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there is going to be an iImport that works with V3? If so, the Multi Folder feature that DLP uses would be very useful...great time saver.
roberte

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is going to be an iImport that works with V3?

The last time I checked, no. iImport development has pretty much stalled. I'll contact Alex again and let you know here.

If so, the Multi Folder feature that DLP uses would be very useful...great time saver.

Do you mean import sub-folders, or download to separate folders based on tokens?

-- Robert.
mp4037

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In downloader pro it is a plug-in. You can pre name a few subfolders and it makes these for every new down load date...pretty nifty! Then when you are processing images you have pre-made folders to place the new images. Example- web, print, edited, etc.
roberte

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

iImport will be updated for MediaPro 3 when iView update their API. According to Alex the API documentation in 3 is older than v2.

The feature request for iImport to automatically append download folders is best sent directly to Alex: ahavriluk at yahoo dot com. Like iView, Alex has always been very responsive when it comes to user suggestions.

HTH.

-- Robert.
blueman541

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: What does the 2nd parameter do? Reply with quote

Citezein wrote:
OK, I'm answering my own question. It would seem that prior to version 427B, nothing worked. With version 427B (and 3.01b1) I can use whatever number I want. Also, the correct value to use in interop is System.Reflection.Missing.Value

Well, problem solved. I'll hopefully have a working program for people to try out tomorrow.

If anyone is actually reading this, it is possible to write actual plugins for Media Pro? I'm writing a standalone program, but it would be great if there was a more robust plugin architecture besides scripts.

In the scripting manual 1.1, it states the 2nd parameter in Import() Method is "The location in the catalog where to import the media items"

I thought inserting the corresponding integer for the subfolders in my catalog set would move the imported item there, but no matter what number i put as the 2nd parameter, it goes to the same place.

I would have to use Catalog.Import() and then use MediaSet.Add() to put it where i want it to be in the catalog set.

So what exactly does the 2nd parameter do? If i dont put a number there iView crashes.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> VB Script All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: