iView home page
iView Multimedia Forum Index

FAQ FAQ     SearchSearch     MemberlistMemberlist     UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

do i download the windows or mac ivcr

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Catalog Reader
View previous topic :: View next topic  
losackmd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: do i download the windows or mac ivcr Reply with quote

a rather embarrassing/stupid? question:
roberte forgive me!
i want to send windows users my IVMP 3.0 catalogs which are OS X created.
i understand the beta version is all there is. I want these windows users to be able to open and view the images at the largest thumbnail view possible.

1. do i download the windows version and send them this to install in their system to be able to open my catalogs?
2. do i send them the site where they have to download the application themselves?
3. do i send them the mac version which i download and open?

im confused as ive never worried before about the windows family
and the introconversion.
thanks
roberte

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glenn,

At the moment we're all confused about the iView Catalog Reader.

The previous release candidate was a standalone viewer not requiring the user to install anything, as long as they had Quicktime. The latest beta once again requires a Windows user to install it. I assume it is because of the new feedback system iView are implementing for the Reader.

1. do i download the windows version and send them this to install in their system to be able to open my catalogs?

Yes, however it is a beta. You'd be a brave man to send a client beta software to install! Besides the latest version has expired. And the Catalog Reader v2 isn't compatible with v3 catalogs.

Depending on Apple's license agreement you may also want to include a copy of Quicktime on the CD. Many PC users don't have it installed, especially in a corporate environment.

2. do i send them the site where they have to download the application themselves?

Yes. Even if you send a copy on CD I'd make a note for them to check for any updates.

3. do i send them the mac version which i download and open?

Only if they're on Mac.

Workaround? None that I know of. Unless you stick with MediaPro 2.6 and Catalog Reader 2.6.

Hopefully iView will have a final release of the Catalog Reader 3 available soon. AFAIK there hasn't been one since MediaPro 3 was released in October last year.

-- Robert.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iView Multimedia Forum Index -> iView Catalog Reader All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: